Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hedge Cutting (Battle Map QOL)
I'm sure we've all had it happen many times. You spar in a place with no hedges at all - say the arena, a town with no custom map, or a player house (with no donation item). All of a sudden, there's a hedge. Where did this hedge come from? Who knows? But all I know is there are situations where it shouldn't be there.

So, if possible, can towns, player houses, and the arena work to maps that don't have a random chance to spawn bushes that get in the way of combat? It's often a detriment to your strategy when a bush appears where there'd be no reason for it to.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
I agree on the fact that sudden random lolbushes denying a lot of stuff is really decisive in some battles to the point it can fully disrupt an enemy or your own team from even spawning right. And I only disagree only because battle maps in actual off-dungeon scenarios should probably print the map where it starts. Like Black Beasts do.

A [b]better [/b]QoL would be changing it all at once to default to this, is what I mean. But if that can't be done, removing needless field objects from PvP scenarios is a good start. +1
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
While stuff like hedge's spawning in maps can provide an interesting tactical element to a fight I feel like the sheer immersion breaking of a hedge showing up in the middle of Cellsvich in a fight just isn't worth the cost. The ideal solution would be unique maps for each area or something similar but a simple solution would be fine too.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
Keep it for camps and other locations but disable in Cellsvich and the Arena (The arena should be as impartial and fair as possible tbh, disable pit traps pls I keep getting knocked across them and losing my turn against non-omina)
The Arena would honestly be neat with a special Arena battle map for it to make battles that happen there FEEL a lot more Arena like. But for that, I'd imagine it to be better to bundle that up with the updated arena map if that's still in the works, if we were to ever get that.

That's for a different post though. For now I just express my desire to remove the hedges from where they don't belong
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity