Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squint Petale
I'm sitting here wondering why ya'll want to change Vent's identity so much.

It's a duelist class innate, not a universal innate. This is like saying Dagger dance should use swords as well. Let's keep it has it was supposed to be. The only real change it needs is the weapon type of all the main focuses for its class promotions.
  • Sword
  • Axe
  • Polearm
  • MAYBE Dagger but that's a reach.

The MOST I'd ask for this is allowing us to use the same weapon type together and still get the bonus. Like two swords and so on. That's my only REACH suggestion for Vent.

If you guys want more options and bonuses when dual wielding then suggest a universal trait or talent then. Something the opposite of two hands:

Quote:InsertNamehere: 5 points max, If you're using two different weapon types and you have both weapons equipped (main hand and sub-hand), you gain SR in critical chance and hit chance. If the weapons are 10 weights and less, this effect doubles.

Or something like that.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
Senna post_id=38024 time=1571510471 user_id=2036 Wrote:I'm sitting here wondering why ya'll want to change Vent's identity so much.

It's a duelist class innate, not a universal innate. This is like saying Dagger dance should use swords as well. Let's keep it has it was supposed to be. The only real change it needs is the weapon type of all the main focuses for its class promotions.
  • Sword
  • Axe
  • Polearm
  • MAYBE Dagger but that's a reach.

The MOST I'd ask for this is allowing us to use the same weapon type together and still get the bonus. Like two swords and so on. That's my only REACH suggestion for Vent.

None of the arguements are being said in question to it sounding like a universal innate, and more that Duelist is such a versatile class that you can pair it with almost everything, or everything if you're creative. Vent Petale is extremely limited to only the two weapons that the class supports mainly, which is Sword and Spear. Opening it more would create more diversity and overall make builds around them more fun to play.

That being said, I could support it applying it as long as you're wielding a Sword/Spear/Axe combined with other of those three or different from it. (Fist, Guns, Tomes.) With Fists, it'd combine well with MA classes, Guns for DH or MG, and Tomes for Spellblading. Giving up on Two Hand is already a big penalty, on top of also losing potential stats from glove equips, so I wouldn't see it as a problem myself.
At the moment, Duelist is the class that needs more versatility the least. Though, regardless of whether or not balance issues are a concern, the identity of the skill should not be put into question for the sake of what some people would perceive as fun.

In reality, it doesn't stop you from running any of these combinations you're already talking about, they simply don't get the same benefit, which is fine. You can absolutely run Duelist with a gun-- that isn't even uncommon, either, and Martial Artists already benefit heavily from running a Duelist class, because they get to keep two-hand with Empty Palm.

Granting it any office with non-martial weaponry is just a cheeky way to gain bonus stats for setups that have little to do with Duelist in the first place, which I'm highly against.
I have to agree with Mark on that much, it could get out of hand pretty fast, as much as I'd love to see Sword/Tome combos I think that can be attributed to how little impact Dualpower has on those builds specifically instead.
I suppose sticking it to Axes and Daggers would be a good choice if any, any more would maybe get a bit out of hand, I agree. I'd find a hard time using Axes with this passive myself, but daggers combined with swords is actually a pretty good combo, on top of making somewhat sense on the concept of Duelist. (The combo can be used even irl, on top of Parrying Daggers also existing.)
Ultimately, I think it should pair up with everything but Tomes.

Like Spo said, I would better want to see an unique 'Vent Petale' Sword + Tome on Tactician (somehow) or Mage Main Class, than on Duelist's hands.

Sword + Gun should also be some unique 'Vent Petale' for Demon Hunter. It's the one I crave the most. God please, I need it in my life. The class kinda needs more things outside of its stances, but things to also help them in their gameplay.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]