Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v 2.26d] Ambidexterity with Cutthroat
After a bit of texting, this bug seems consistent. I've tested it a few different ways but it is easily repeatable.

Equip both Cutthroat and Ambidexterity.

Have Dagger main hand and sword offhand.

Have Ambidexterity toggled on.

Cutthroat will use the sword for calculating damage as opposed to the dagger. More testing will be done and this threat will be updated as I have time to test what this works with.

Small edit: I've been noticing it and using this weapon combo for awhile thus far and this is consistently only an issue with Cutthroat. Vanishing Strike, Fray, and Eliminate all properly use the dagger in main hand, but Cutthroat uses the Sword.

The Class Combination in specific is Void Assassin and Ghost for extra clarity
In addition, I've just confirmed that this bug will work with any offhand while using Ambidexterity as I've switched the offhand to an Axe and Cutthroat still applied the offhand weapons damage.

After attempting the opposite with a Dagger in the offhand and a sword in the mainhand the bug did not occur and with Ambidexterity toggled both on and off Cutthroat would use the dagger no matter the instance.

Hope this is enough to figure out what's causing this, it's minor but it is significantly upping Cutthroats damage due to it deferring to offhand like that through Ambidexterity. I tested this more thoroughly at the Arena, just trying to be thorough.
This should be corrected.