Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iffy Impurity
Impure Element currently causes you to take damage equal to half your stored Void Energy whenever you cast any spell. Even if the spell is purely utility such as Blink or a debuff like Smokescreen.

As it stands there's zero demerits to using Impure Element to buff your elemental attack for the purposes of buffing skill damage effects like non-spell Youkai evocations, cinder damage, and many elemental attack using skills. These play styles can get their bonus and not pay any cost aside from needing to ensure they're taking that correct elemental tick per turn.

Whereas an actual caster will take damage using any of their spells unless they dump all of their Void Energy reserves and defeat the purpose of having built around Impure Element in the first place.

My suggestion: Have Impure Element's damage only apply to offensive class spells. This way you're only taking the damage if you're actually using that extra elemental attack (probably, unless you're using the wrong element.) This could also be implemented via a toggle on whether or not to make use of Impure Element but this might be a bit overtuned, and simply making it not apply to spells that have no chance of ever benefiting from it would be easier and less impactful.
Yes please. I agree 100%. I don't think Impure Element harming you when you use non-offensive spells makes much sense (granted I don't know if there's a lore bit behind that one), so I think it would be more fitting for the Null damage to only happen with offensive class spells.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
As far as I recall there aren't any or even many non-offensive spells that scale from an element so I see no issue in this, there is a very slight issue I have with impure element being able to apply to non-spells in a way that overtakes the risk of it entirely...but thats probably not related here anyways.