Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resistable Unresistable Fire Damage
I've recently been working with the insulated burning bracer, which imparts +5 Unresistable Fire damage to all fist melee attacks, as it is said in its description. However, I've noticed several instances where this is not the case, such as...

Quote:Critical Hit! Onigan Ascetic attacks Sand Shark with the power of her fists and hits them!
Sand Shark takes 105 Blunt damage.
Resist! Sand Shark takes 2 Fire damage.

and

Quote:Onigan Ascetic attacks Soldier Kraboid with the power of her fists and hits them!
Soldier Kraboid takes 26 Blunt damage.
Soldier Kraboid takes 2 Fire damage.

and

Quote:Forgery attacks Onigan Ascetic with Heavy Ring and misses them!
Critical Hit! Onigan Ascetic attacks Forgery with Bare Fists and hits them!
Forgery takes 1 Blunt damage.
Forgery absorbs Fire damage!
Forgery recovered 5 HP.
Forgery takes 6 Blunt damage.

Although, I realize Unresistable doesn't technically mean Unabsorbable, I just figured I'd make a note of it anyway, For creatures that don't have +Fire resistance, it always does the full 5, otherwise it is lowered. No, it is not the material of my fist weapon being used, which is coral.
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."
'Unresistable' damage just means it ignores DEF and RES.

It is still affected by Damage Reduction, Elemental Resist, and Magical/Physical Resist.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5769#p5769 Wrote:Soapy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:04 am[/url]"]'Unresistable' damage just means it ignores DEF and RES.

It is still affected by Damage Reduction, Elemental Resist, and Magical/Physical Resist.

I suppose this much is true, considering, but it really should be clarified in the item's description so this sort of confusion is averted in the future (if intentional.) Furthermore, if it *is* intentional, the damage ought to be raised from 5. It doesn't seem like a good tradeoff if it can still be batted aside so easily.
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."
There are a lot of instances of damage effects in the game which are classified as 'unresistable', which is quite uniform in how it works. Someone should make a wiki page.