Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[2.71] Farmable Tiles Changed
First post here, so apologies if I've gotten any of the formatting incorrect.

Since the most recent restart, as far as I can tell, several of the tiles I had previously been farming have reverted back to their untilled state after harvesting. You can still dig a hole on those tiles, but no longer use a hoe to till them. The tiles appear to have small stones, weeds, or other small 'obstructions' on them. I checked both the Telegrad Outskirts and the region just south of it to try and confirm this is the case. Another player has checked around some of the other farms and confirmed seeing missing patches with similar rocks, weeds, and the likes. When attempting to hoe a hole on these tiles, it comes up with the standard message that you get indicating the tile is invalid, sand, snow, etc.

"System: You'll need to use the hoe on a hole, or else it won't do you much good. If the hole is in sand or snow, it won't work, either. Furthermore, if you're too close to an NPC, you will feel uncomfortable being watched, so try and distance yourself from them."

Looking at the recent patch notes, this may be related to a change made to Worsong Canyon? That's just a hypothesis, though.

Summary: Dirt tiles which have small stones or weeds on them can no longer be tilled.

This may not be a bug but instead an intentional change, but it seemed best to report it just to be on the safe side. Especially since it would seem reasonable to be able to knock aside stones or flatten weeds in order to grow crops in a location as prior. Apologies if this is incorrect.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'd really love to see this fixed, too. . .
Not a bug, the variant tiles with plants and rocks on them are not farmable now.