Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v2.71] SpellEdge + Ranger
[Image: mpZb9yD.png][Image: eDVCl8Q.png]

This has been a big problem with bug reports lately. I'm not asking for an essay per bug report, but it should be clear that when you report something you want fixed, you should provide details concerning the bug itself as well as other factors.

1) Spelledge isn't allowing someone not using a Bow Weapon to cast the Magic/Arcane Ranger Spells? I was told this should work since SpellEdge can cast Void Assasssin Spells though I'm not sure. I'm still fairly new and learning myself.
'When casting, spell uses highest applicable scaling. Bow is only enabing spell usage'

2) I tested this in the screenshot above in a spar and with a training dummy, in both instances it did not work and was not highlighted.
2) Again, not sure if this is intended or not or what other details I can really y'know... add here? But this is the report.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VibeEntertainment's post:
  • firehawk11
(03-08-2023, 11:40 PM)VibeEntertainment Wrote: [Image: mpZb9yD.png][Image: eDVCl8Q.png]

This has been a big problem with bug reports lately. I'm not asking for an essay per bug report, but it should be clear that when you report something you want fixed, you should provide details concerning the bug itself as well as other factors.

1) Spelledge isn't allowing someone not using a Bow Weapon to cast the Magic/Arcane Ranger Spells? I was told this should work since SpellEdge can cast Void Assasssin Spells though I'm not sure. I'm still fairly new and learning myself.
'When casting, spell uses highest applicable scaling. Bow is only enabing spell usage'

2) I tested this in the screenshot above in a spar and with a training dummy, in both instances it did not work and was not highlighted.
2) Again, not sure if this is intended or not or what other details I can really y'know... add here? But this is the report.

I believe this is cause the classification of Ranger abilities.
They're labeled as Arcane skills and not spells, whereas void assassin spells like black bolt are just spells rather than something special.
While I'm not dev, I believe this is likely working as intended due to the specific classification of arcane skills.
[-] The following 1 user Likes caliaca's post:
  • VibeEntertainment
No no, you're correct caliaca. Ranger spells requires a bow and uses bows as a casting tool. The bug is that it will use the highest SWA weapon once you're hit requirements: Having a bow equip. The second requirement is for all spells; Spelledge or a tome with the higher SWA will be used.

Void Assassins spells are actual spells; they don't require a dagger or use daggers as a casting tool hence where the meme of it being two different classes come from.

So tldr: Can't use Ranger spells without a bow equip'd. Off hand a Crossbow and call it a day.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Senna's post:
  • VibeEntertainment
Ah, so Ranger Spells are not Spells like Bard Smile
This should be corrected in 2.72.