Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moonblade Madness
Moonblade.. a weapon never used in combat. Likely because of it being str/faith scaling and people with faith usually want to, you know, cast spells and things. But why don't we give it a little pizzaz?

Potential Skill: When attacking an empty space in front of you, launch a 3 tile wide, 5 range swathe of moonlight at 150% SWA. During the night, this grows stronger by an added +50% SWA. I'm not very good with the balance game that'd be the general idea of it. A cool niche weapon to live up to its namesake.

Some other ideas were it adding onto Eclair, though I don't much like the idea of it being locked behind Duelist as you don't often see Faith runners going for this, so why not.. Bright Bishop?

Bright Bishop - Transforms the attack to be cross shaped (like Thunder Bolt), +50% SWA. Actually makes Bright Bishop useful and keeps on with Moonblade giving hit.

Please feel free to give your ideas and thoughts for our beloved moonblade. Let us get more niche and cool weapons for all.

[Image: e8ef2007ba009ba4a977ce4a84737770.jpg]
I like the concept, and I would love if this old weapon gets some love.
Personally i'd change the potential skill to require you to have the moonblade effect active, and then it consumes the effect.
The potential skill has a cooldown and otherwise is 150% SWA as you said, and does 1.5x damage at night.

225% SWA total damage at night. . But requires you to land your basic attack first, and then is still a bit weaker than most eclair lacroix. Even without using Eresh.

Or the potential skill could just be, a hit boost at night or something?
Bright bishop being nutty would be cool. Make it into a piercing diagonal projectile in a wide line with a little bonus effect and it'll slap