Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
Mundanity
Short post.

Mundane (The one that makes things have 100% main stat scaling) should not be an enchant, and moreso just a basic feature that can be toggled on/off. An innate passive, even.

Why?

It puts a lot of weapons into a really bas position where the effects on them are cool, or good for a certain build, but it's held back by it's stat scaling for certain builds. The only way to 'fix' this being the Mundane tag, which eats the weapon's enchantment.

for the most part, a decent chunk of weapons, if they have scaling, will have above 100% scaling in total. Usually in the 110% or 120% range. Having Mundane be made into an innate will open up a lot of builds, and while this may sound kind of 'meh' in terms of item management, it'd allow for weapons that scale off of FAI, for instance, to not instantly lose about 30+ SWA because someone decided to throw a dark water tile at you.

Basically, compared to nearly every other enchant in the game. Mundane is... Mundane. And not worth a genuine consideration half the time.
Alternative. Weapon part that allows the weapon to be treated as Mundane. Since weapon parts aren't always make or break for a particular weapon 99% of the time.
I think Mundane is fine, the only thing I'd give it for flavorful purposes is making it count as "No enchant" for the purposes of stuff related to that.
[-] The following 2 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Poruku, Sawrock
Mundane as a weapon quality would be the most elegant solution here.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Mundane doesn’t eat an enchantment slot; the weapon’s cool effect practically is the enchantment. I’ve used Shizumare with Mundane and the effect is on-crit silence for two rounds, AND it’s a greatspear for BK’s purposes. I would rather use obscure weapons while using the enchant slot to functionally use those cool effects than have the cool effects get nerfed/made uncool.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
I'm on the fence about this one. On one hand, build diversity. On the other, I kind of get why people want it to not be changed. I will say that it's already an effective nerf to go for mundane on par with the likes of arcane (or even worse depending on the scaling), when not accounting for a person's specific build, without benefits on-par with arcane IMO. We'd see more variance between people using the same weapon if Mundane no longer ate an enchantment slot, at the very least.
I don't really see the argument for it being changed. Many weapons in the game have shit scaling yet are strong in other ways, and get much better with the use of mundane. Removing the opportunity cost of the enchant seems like it's an unnecessary buff to me, and kind of gives too much power to the players to simply ignore weapon scalings as a whole for any other weapon that has a scaling they don't like that much.

I guess it wouldn't be a big deal, though. Not like any of those weapons would break the meta.