Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change Bone Binds to make sense.
Okay so... With the tome parts being a thing now, I started taking a look into them... And one specifically got my attention. The bone binds:

+3 Weight, +5 Critical, Upon casting a Huggessoan spell, if any enemies are in 2 Range, the bones rattle and attempt to inflict Fear them for 2 rounds. [1 round CD]

Now, it doesn't seem bad at first glance but lets go into the issue: Critical boost for tomes has two uses: Basic attacks and any mutation shenanigans.

WHY does the part that has effect to interact with huggessoan spells also increase your critical rate when that does nothing for the hugge?

Sorry for putting this bluntly, writer is tad sick. Feel free to ignore the topic or enlighten me of uses for this part.
Back on G6, the Zera (bone guy) prayer tools gave you dark attack and critical chance. For some reason this, while a stretch, makes it not the first time darkness and critical attack have come together with ties to bones.

I dunno if it does much for the fact that you're probably not critting with most tomes, but there tends to be a lot of "hey look, basic attack with me" stuff on tomes anyway.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Hm, fair enough. I did not consider the old connection. My bad.
This is a way to make it balanced. If it was +2 power or like +5 hit with the ability it would be really good. If it was +5 crit with a basic attack ability it would be too strong. Thus, having it give two different bonuses that are solid in their own right allows this thing to be strong in both categories without being too strong overall.