Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sneak Mine needs some work.
I don't think the current state of sneak mines is very fun.

They do too much damage with too little counter play.

Being a melee and just having them spawned on you to instant damage isn't very fun, and a twin dancer or someone with rapid attacks is going to just eat pant.

My suggestion:

1. Give them a 1 turn activation phase. They can't be triggered on this turn.

2. Stop moving them per damage instance and instead double their turn round move.

And if the whole air pressure and sanctuary thing isn't done, that too.
[-] The following 2 users Like caliaca's post:
  • Autumn, Trexmaster
I was trying to point this out before it even hit live but here we are.

For posterity Sneak Mines deal LVL*10 Acid/Wind damage (split evenly) that ignores evade and goes vs Phys DR. Caimics start the fight with Sneaking and have Sneak Attack so this typically means Sneak Mines are doing 660-770 (up to 880 in the raid). A level 80 Firespitter's Self-Detonate does 440 fire damage and leaves behind level 220 cinders, only doing as much damage as a level 60 Sneak Mine with a single damage type that has far more attainable sources of resist.

Them not being field objects means all the usual counters for destroying or repositioning them don't work. Thus the only counterplay is to kite the Caimics around the map to avoid getting hit by their Sneak Mine, and not having too many damage instances that it can catch you anyways. Or purposefully throw something into them if you can.

It doesn't help that it only has a 2 round cooldown and enough FP to use the skill at least 5-6 times per fight even at level 60.

I'm fine with the suggestions provided if they're given a means of counterplay to deal with them being twice as fast by default. Not having them fly at you like heat-seeking missiles for casting Divine Shower would be nice. I also believe there should be a global limit for Sneak Mines so spawning multiple Caimics doesn't result in eating thousands of damage. One is enough.

Everything in the wastes already hates melee with a passion as is (looking at you Shadowscale) they don't need to instantly die for daring to play that archetype too.
Seconding the cap for sneak mines.
But the funni.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]