Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camps!
Seeing traps made me think, why couldn't we build campfires?

It'd serve as a portable kitchen, but probably have very limited roster/increased difficulty to reflect that its just a campfire, not a kitchen stove or something along those lines. You don't have to haul ten food items, just cook in dungeons.
Perhaps even serving as some sort of a rest point, giving you the option to rest, which'd recover to a maximum of ~30% HP/FP (Just a random number that I thought would be reasonable.)
But most of all, the ability to use any small area and setup a nice roleplaying spot. Adventurers are very happy to sleep at an inn, but if the times aren't good, a nice spot by the fire in a forest is all they need. They can share meals, tales or whatever the hell do adventurers do.
I agree with this 100%. I agree with pretty much anything that adds a bit of atmosphere to the game. Tree chopping and farming is already pretty darn cool, so this would be a more general-use thing to see. It'd make the arena a bit nicer than just people standing around on grass, too.

I would want it to last a good bit of time, though. Maybe like, a few ingame hours, and extended duration if you add some ashwood/firebark to it after it's made. Nothing too unreasonable for resource costs though.
Lost my old signature pic and I never redid one. Maybe later.
Sounds fantastic, so long as people can extinguish campfires at will. No need to have an entire city of campfires that nobody can put out for a few hours.