Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Knight Skills
Checkmate
- This attack is one of the most unused skills, because it went from 3M to 5M. While at the time, EI and PG were still 3M (later 4M). You get bonus damage equal to your defense, where only a critical hit will allow a secondary attack. Even with crazy defense, it's not even worth using your entire turn on. Neither does it seem to proc black wind. You can also imitate this set up by simply equipping a crystal blade, or galren badge and crystal rose. The default momentum cost should be 4M and actually apply black wind.

Steel Mind
- Whether or not it was overlooked, this skill should work similarly to Magic Gunner's Recklessness. You are spending the same amount of SP for an effect, except you're gaining zero immunity. It should have at least two rounds of immunity, if not the full three that Recklessness has.

Steel Blood
- The sole purpose of the skill is to purge poison, but there's no leeway for the Black Knight to recuperate. They should not be prone to spam poisoners and forced to spam that skill pointlessly. But besides all that, it's another unused skill in their repertoire. If the Black Knight was previously poisoned and used Steel Blood, they should gain an immunity to poison for X rounds.
I'd love all of these. Except maybe steel blood could just be an apply-able buff that lasts for X rounds and also removes poison?
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Totally agree with all of these, especially the 'Steel' utility skills.

As it stands, using an Anti-Toxin is actually -better- than using and spending SP on Steel Blood. Not to mention Cleanse Body doing the same and purging even more effects. (Not to mention it doesn't even care what level the poison is...)

As for Steel Mind, yeah, it seems odd that Recklessness enjoys the immunity bonus while this is left in the dust to be re-inflicted into eternity.

I don't think I need to say much about Checkmate beyond 'please make it 4m', for the same reasons as already stated.
I agree that Checkmate should be 4M instead of 5M. It's a little too Momentum consuming to be worth using currently.

As for the Steel skills, I do agree that they need to be buffed but I'm not sure that Immunities should be the way to go.

If Steel Mind were changed to provide Immunities, it would fundamentally be the same as Recklessness, I'd prefer if the 'Steel' skills had their own little quirks to them.

I'd suggest something like reducing the Momentum Costs of Steel Body, Steel Mind and Steel Blood by 1 and including a passive effect that bolsters resistance to these effects.

Quote:Steel Body - 4M, 3M, 2M
Removes any debuff that reduces DEF.

Passive: The effectiveness of statuses that would reduce your DEF is lowered by Rank*10%.

(I.e. Geldoren not lowering DEF by 6 but instead by 4, Burn will reduce 70% of your Mod DEF instead of all of it, etc.)

Steel Mind - 2M
Removes Fear (and Hesitation at Rank 2 and Charm at Rank 3).

Passive: If you are affected by Fear (or Hesitation at Rank 2 or Charm at Rank 3). The effectiveness of those are reduced by 30%.

(I.e. Lowers Fear's Hit Penalty, Charm's LV and Hesitation's LV by 30%.)

Steel Blood - 2M -
Removes Poison equal of LV equal to or lower than LV based on Rank. (15, 30, 45)

Passive: If you are affected by a Poison that is equal to or lower than the LV covered by this Skill, you reduce that Poison's Damage by 30%.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]