Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Faithful
Now that Faith actually limits the amount of usable Youkai, how about having modded Faith apply to Youkai slots again?
Give me an idea of some of the things this change would make in regards to items/skills/etc that boost Faith.
Priest would get a few extra slots by default, Hexer and Summoner promos could get a few (in battle) from DK/Install.

Crucifix, Red Seal and Shine Sword would actually become pretty good items to use, both in and out of battle.
I'm all for making niche items more useful, so I'll give this a 'probably' for next update. If anyone wants to add counter points before then, feel free.
I don't think there -IS- a counterpoint to make. Unless someone just REALLY hates Youkai and wants all summoners to burn. And those people do exist, sure, but this change is incredibly reasonable in light of recent updates, and would indeed give use to many items that never saw use before. Oh, a +2 Faith accessory? So, -2 damage taken on a Devotion Proc and +2 hit on a blessed weapon? With modded Faith applying to Youkai slots, that +2 Faith could very well bump you up to the threshold for another Youkai Slot, which IS worth considering the equip slot for, and since it's just one Youkai, it's not like it's gamebreaking anyways.
*loud burp*
Oh man would you look at that fallacy.

I have no objections to modded Faith adding slots, but I am not too keen on things like DK or Install giving slots, since they can't be applied outside of combat.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7606#p7606 Wrote:Chaos » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:50 pm[/url]"]Oh man would you look at that fallacy.

I have no objections to modded Faith adding slots, but I am not too keen on things like DK or Install giving slots, since they can't be applied outside of combat.

I don't see the issue?

Your faith stat allows you to MAKE the contracts, unless that was just changed as well. So your out-of-battle Faith stat is what matters.

Furthermore, as DK/Install are temporary buffs, what happens if you have the Youkai they enable summoned once the effects wear off?

Keeping it to out-of-battle stats only is completely reasonable.
*loud burp*