Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super size me!
When we engage in battle on the world map, we're still tiny. Could we please become normal sized when we go into PvP even on the world map? I'm asking because some people like to have agreed upon fights, or perhaps crime might attempt to be committed outside of the city (so people have less chance to get caught and conflict can still happen) that may disturb people in the city, get out of hand, or the guards might not allow because of what damage it might cause. The only places to really do this kind of thing outside of a lawful area are;

The Arena
The Nameless Shrine
Law's End
Cellsvich Forest

Not every battle might happen in these places, and it's annoying to have to go to them for every kind of RP related battle. Logically people might be out in the countryside and might want to fight out there; but, we can't because..

"Hey, want to have a friendly spar?"
"Can't."
"Why not?"
> Tiny characters, extremely unappealing.
"Oh, right.."

Or

> Villain attempts kidnapping or some such, but can't because people are in town, or there are witnesses around.
> Villain gets discouraged and decides to find a new hobby.
> Roleplay ruined.

I'd really like to have this taken into consideration that way fights won't always have to be in people's way, or could be just the -tiniest- bit more private without having to get to a predefined area that may or may not be covered by a lawful jurisdiction.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
I don't like the small player icons in the first place... Can't we just have normal ones on the world map?
Someone takes 600 Lightning damage.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...8D4F847A0C
(Skype: Underwater.Dreaming)
but then the world seems so small
I believe the point was that people were just RPing on the world map, effectively shouting at each other from miles apart for casual conversations. While the tiny world map characters (especially for the purpose of leaving town to duel) are kind of stupid, I also completely see their point; people don't mas RP on the world map anymore.
*loud burp*
Yeah, because currently this is really inconvenient for anyone wanting to spar or even try to commit a villainous conflict without the guards getting in the way or without having to go to Law's End.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
I like being tiny on the world map. It gives a sense of it being. . . well, a world map. As far when you enter PvP on the world map? I don't think we should be tiny little specks for that.
Or maybe we could scale the map up to fit the normal characters? Then we wouldn't have to be tiny and the world map wouldn't look silly.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=811#p811 Wrote:MakeshiftWalrus » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:11 am[/url]"]Or maybe we could scale the map up to fit the normal characters? Then we wouldn't have to be tiny and the world map wouldn't look silly.

I don't think that's a good idea. While it would be cool and all, it would make walking around and finding dungeons much more painful. Along with that, I'm fairly sure it would make the game lag more.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=811#p811 Wrote:MakeshiftWalrus » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:11 am[/url]"]scale the map up
Have you ever played with Legos?
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=649#p649 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:48 pm[/url]"]Could we please become normal sized when we go into PvP even on the world map?

^ for all the people who can't be assed to actually read the post

But yeah, seems perfectly reasonable to me since the battle map's a cut-out abstracted swathe of land anyways. +1, thumbs-up, yadda yadda