Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intelligent Discourse: Rogue
Here's a thread about everything wrong (and right) with the aforementioned class.

Please be civil, and avoid derailing the topic, as well as referring to the class in conjunction with other classes, as each class should be able to stand on its own.

Also, please keep in mind that as a base class, this class should focus less on pure power, and more on supporting its multiple promotions.

Potential topics: Evasion, Traps, Steal, Pocket Sand
Topic starter and a half here.

Alright lets seriously talk about Evasion, too good for just a base class skill? seems like it does too much for 5 skill points and just building dodgy, lets discuss.
I'm still of the opinion that Evasion is a little too strong and I wasn't a big fan of how Voidveil got nerfed instead of Evasion. Granted, I think it's fairer now that it comes last.

But I think I'd reduce the DR from Evasion from 50% to 30% at Max Rank.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=8898#p8898 Wrote:Slydria » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:15 pm[/url]"]I'm still of the opinion that Evasion is a little too strong and I wasn't a big fan of how Voidveil got nerfed instead of Evasion. Granted, I think it's fairer now that it comes last.

But I think I'd reduce the DR from Evasion from 50% to 30% at Max Rank.

Immensely reasonable, given that minimal cel is required to guarantee evasion no matter what. Or none at all, dodge stacking isn't exactly hard.
The big issue with evasion is hat if you can't pass the evasion roll with Autohits, how can you pass it with non-autohits, unless you're using a blesed weapon or something?

Personally, I think it could be neat to make it a toggle that boosts the accuracy of non-autohits in exchange for the chance to take reduced damage for autohits. Give it SOME way of working around it, you know?
*loud burp*
Evasion takes PvP another step in the right direction. Fights should last more than two rounds.
Evasion being as potent as it is though, isn't. It's very often an almost guaranteed 50% DR.

I'm with the previous suggestion of docking down just how much Evasion reduces the damage by.

Sure, it's no pre-nerf Wraithguard, but it just does way too much as it stands.