Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masochism In The Name of Love
I think it's best to get this out of the way now. Charm probably shouldn't let you 'dive in front of ' your own damage. In the case of the strongest charm players can get, Wink, it offers 30% flat damage reduction, a further 30% chance for you to deal 0 damage to the enemy, and to instead do your damage to yourself. If you crunch the numbers, I'm pretty sure it ends up reducing your damage on average by 51%, and that's not including the damage you deal to yourself.
"I STAB AT YOU.. BUT I LOVE YOU SO I JUMP IN THE WAY OF MY OWN STAB!"

That sounds like a bug, more than anything.
It doesn't make sense, so I would also like to see this changed.

Edit: Oh right, this is the Balance Fu section, so I should probably also mention how overpowered this probably actually might maybe be. Perhaps. (I don't know.)
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
An Excerpt from my earlier battle

Kal Ichijou attacks Alraune with Ether Jackhammer and hits them!
Kal Ichijou throws themself in harm's way to protect Alraune!
Kal Ichijou reflects the projectile!
Kal Ichijou reflects Pierce!
Kal Ichijou takes 76 Pierce damage.

Not only did i jump in the way of an explosion, i also bounced it off me, and jumped back in it's way.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10401#p10401 Wrote:Mrgnjr » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:29 pm[/url]"]An Excerpt from my earlier battle

Kal Ichijou attacks Alraune with Ether Jackhammer and hits them!
Kal Ichijou throws themself in harm's way to protect Alraune!
Kal Ichijou reflects the projectile!
Kal Ichijou reflects Pierce!
Kal Ichijou takes 76 Pierce damage.

Not only did i jump in the way of an explosion, i also bounced it off me, and jumped back in it's way.

i want a comic of this
also right now, Charm makes you jump in front of the attack for anyone(such as turrets, players and summons) as long as the victim is charmed, instead of the causer.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
This was unintended behavior; it's been fixed, both the self-damage-protecting and the throwing yourself in the way of anyone but the causer. Also, it will no longer trigger for status damage.