Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class Balancing: Priest
Another balance thread, also extremely short. Only two changes were thought necessary by me and several others discussing it.

1. Silent Prayer now provides immunity to silence for 2 rounds.

Justification:
Silent Prayer being 3 momentum makes it the equivalent of throatopener. Worse, even, it costs FP. This simply cannot compete with screaming tome in its current iteration, and with this change it can.

2. Sanctuary's stat level is now 1/2/3/4/5. (To clarify, this means it will reduce str and will by 5, and buff defense and res by 5, down from 10 each.)

Justification:
Sanctuary gives an unfair amount of raw stats to everybody standing in it. Then, it cripples the enemies standing in it by an equally unfair amount of raw stats. It's not uncommon for mages to become overencumbered and lose momentum because of the strength loss. To put this into context, it is as if everyone in your sanctuary suddenly gained Matador's Know No Pain bonus.
Silent Prayer sucks. It's worse than a throatopener (and god Dev no nerfing throatopener is not the way to go).

Sanctuary causes a 20 stat difference, which is just ridiculous.

Both of these sound good.
I'm down for this as well.

That, or making Sanctuary actually provide its +10 bonus when at minimal size, then as it gets bigger, its a smaller bonus/penalty.

Edit: Okay so, Sanctuary can go up to +4 in its 'size'. I could see it being the normal +10 at its basic size, since a lot of stuff can instantly knock them out of their 'sanctuary'. Less size makes it more 'potent'. Expanding it further makes it work less effective. +6 DEF/RES and -6 STR/WIL. It isn't nearly as bad as it is now, but it gives 'incentives' to use the smaller version over the gigantic size.
I'll agree with the points made in the OP once more, as these all sound very fair.
Agreed with Sderg; a scaling sanctuary based on radius would be great.
*loud burp*
#1. I'm weary of giving a base class a way to completely ignore Silence on it's own. I would rather look for ways to give spellcasters a fighting chance even when Silenced over making even more 'No Silence Allowed' clubs, though I suppose making Longterm Cure's Rank 5 apply to Silent Prayer might work as well.

#2. In my opinion, anyone stuffing their inventory just short of the weight limit and waltzing into fights is asking to lose momentum from Sanctuary's STR/WIL penalty. However, it could use a nerf on how big it gets.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"Chaos" Wrote:#1. I'm weary of giving a base class a way to completely ignore Silence on it's own. I would rather look for ways to give spellcasters a fighting chance even when Silenced over making Silence, though I suppose making Longterm Cure's Rank 5 apply to Silent Prayer might work as well.

#2. In my opinion, anyone stuffing their inventory just short of the weight limit and waltzing into fights is asking to lose momentum from Sanctuary's STR/WIL penalty. However, it could use a nerf on how big it gets.

To respond to these,

1: It was not intended to be allowed to be used as a preemptive immunity. I was under the impression Silent Prayer could ONLY be cast while silenced. If that is not the case, then yes, something along the lines of what you suggested would be the goal we were striving for.

2: Fair enough, but I think it makes more sense for a sanctuary to be something that can be generally summed up as 'Nice for the party to stand in'. If we gimp solely the range, it becomes, 'Holy bunker of tight space'.