Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trait: Ambidexterity-Enabled
Real talk: This idea is actually kinda dumb, and I fully expect it to be rejected. But it's been eating away at me so I figured, "May as well get it off my chest." Please don't hold it against me. I fully admit this is unlikely to go over well.

Ambidexterity currently lets you change between viable weapon types for a skill. This is nice and fair. It, for example, will not allow an MG/Duelist to Overcharge Sidecut with a Shotgun. But it WILL allow an Arbalest/BK to use hanging without missing due to close range bow hit penalties.

My proposal is to allow something ever so slightly more akin to martial lawbreaker for some very specific skills, with the caveat that you need to hold a valid weapon type first, to prevent rampant abuse. The skills this would apply to are only those that deal your weapon's damage type and perform a normal attack, for the sake of not being walled out by resistances. EDIT: Also, would not work with bows/guns for obvious reasons. (Also for roleplay purposes, due to damage types and renamed weapons, etc)

Example: A Ghost is equipped with an Ensui (mostly for damage reduction purposes because Ghost) and a Galdric Axe (for fitting form/berserker shell crit shenanigans.) Said ghost encounters a bunch of Goblins. Sidecut would heal the goblins. But why can't you just do the same motion with... well... let's be honest, almost any weapon can theoretically attack while passing by. Since it already has a sword, Sidecut will not be greyed out.

What got me thinking about this?

1) Bugs. Like when Sidecut and Geldoren used to use your main weapon even if it was invalid.
2) Builds. I still want tomes to be viable. A mage-like duelist, for example, could be really neat. (And I've tried mutating tomes, it just doesn't cut it)
3) Logic. I still don't understand, for example, why one cannot sidecut with a dagger, etc.

Anyways. Make fun of the idea all you want. I just needed to get it off my chest.
*loud burp*
Valid weapon types are, mostly, dumb. They should rely on damage or attack types for the most part, not weapon type.