Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crouching Nerd, Hidden Badass
Okay, I'm curious. What are these uses in sheath sword 'deterring people'. If they attack from the side, they get flanking bonus to hit. Not to mention if they get all the way behind you, which they want to anyway, you can't proc Evitar or Stalemate. Sheath Sword's Quickdraw is looking very pointless here. If I was stuck in a Freezing Crystal Rose (or a mass of ice tiles from something else) and, for some insane reason, didn't have a blink of any kind, and had no auto hits I could reach the guy with (which I find hard to believe for a melee attacker), and on top of it all I didn't have Charge to just ignore the ice sheets and get behind them anyway, I wouldn't even walk up to them. I'd actually move away. I'm not stupid enough to walk up to a duelist or soldier's face and try to attack them, let alone make them Quick Draw me in the face. It's free damage, sure, if my opponent is an idiot and refuses to read anything and is dead set on attacking in the face. Watchful eye makes this actually something to kinda count on. Unless they have a blink or, (and dev needs to fix this) winged serpent or are using auto hits, which every melee attacker has. Everything in the world points to attacking a Duelist or Soldier from behind. You get more hit and all their defensive skills don't work from there, and you can get around it with any blink or Winged Serpent. (Void Gates, Haunting, Blink, HK if you're lucky, and doesn't Watchful Eye not work on auto hits that move you? Like Peddling Wheel or Kagakiri?)

I believe it actually is quite useless and a waste of momentum, even with hidden cut. I can hit harder with 3m under any circumstance than I would with hidden cut. And again, Quick Draw is dependent upon your opponent walking right into it.

The strength of a Quick Draw+Reposte I believe is balanced out by the fact that it is so easy to get around both of them. Maybe if the game didn't have 101 auto hits. Maybe if the game had less blink skills.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!
Yo. Here's my idea:

Keep Sheath Sword the same.
Make Hidden Cut do Lingering Slash/Pierce Damage. LV=20-40% Scaled Weapon ATK and lasts for 2-4 rounds.

I think you get the idea, but I'm bad at tossing out reasonable numbers.
How shocking. Pun intended.
Level 25 for 3 rounds sounds good for max rank.. And stacking up would be bad I think.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!