Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headshot
I know what you're thinking, "Another mutated gun bow thread, great" but I think this one's a bit simpler.

Headshot when used by a bow does not gain range bonuses from gust arrows or longdraw, or snipe I think?

To recreate:

1. Mutate a gun into a bow.
2. use Gust Arrows, longdraw.
3. attempt to aim Headshot and realize it does not have range bonuses.
Skills never gain range bonuses. Parting Shot doesn't gain a range bonus for your talent subpaths, or that Long Barrel you put on your gun, or anything. It's just a 4-range skill.

This should be changed.
Headshot is not a skill it's a basic attack, those skills are unrelated to this as they state how much range they have, and are balanced around them, thank you for your input.
Does any other weapon type mutated into a bow get a range bonus to its special attack?
nope
"Spoops" Wrote:Headshot is not a skill it's a basic attack, those skills are unrelated to this as they state how much range they have, and are balanced around them, thank you for your input.

Wrong. Anything that is not "Attack," "Sub-Attack," "Movement," or "End Turn" is a skill, even if that skill ~performs~ basic attack math. Even items are skills.
Ding dong you're terribly wrong. Headshot is a modified basic attack like any other Special Attack 1's. It's only a skill if it consumes FP to be used, ya' hear?

Cute, you trying to teach someone who has over 800 posts in this forum, lmao.

Anyway, back to topic, none so far, so good to go.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:nope

Then I'd say this isn't a bug.
"Snake" Wrote:Ding dong you're terribly wrong. Headshot is a modified basic attack like any other Special Attack 1's. It's only a skill if it consumes FP to be used, ya' hear?

Cute, you trying to teach someone who has over 800 posts in this forum, lmao.

Anyway, back to topic, none so far, so good to go.

Good to know Create Shade isn't a skill. Should I make a post suggesting it grant crit momentum?

Oh, and Special Attack 1's track their Repeat Action penalties separately than "Attack" and "Sub-Attack." If all they are is modified basic attacks, why don't they share the same Repeat Action penalty? Clearly because Headshot is a ~skill~ you can perform that does something different than a simple "Attack" or "Sub-Attack."

Your post count is literally a meaningless number.
This bickering over whether this is a "skill" or not is just silly and meaningless. I'm locking this thread since the main issue has been addressed anyway.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]