Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post battle aggro could be borked. [Unproven]
I was wrapping up a battle before talking to my roommate about something. I was gone for all of one minute. Ordinarily, this would be fine, because enemies will not see you unless you move after a battle. I come back to find I died, and this was what I saw:

[Image: b53e53c456a2628754fd661f03b7ebe7.png]

This shows that an enemy actively aggro'd onto me before I had even had a chance to open the menu and treat my injuries. (Or a colossal jerk managed to pull one into me just the right way - but I've seen monsters swerve to avoid players who were not their target before, so unlikely) while I was still supposed to be safe. Oh, and Animated Swords don't have the same Turn 0 protection against their 6m attacks that Firesplitters do. Joy.

I have not yet reproduced this, but it seemed important enough to bring up ASAP, to be safe. I'll return with more data as soon as I have it.
*loud burp*
Do you think this could be directly related to the Darkwood Manor mobs instead of all?
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
After further testing, that seems the most likely scenario; I tried to reproduce it in the Goblin Caves for minimum danger. No dice.
*loud burp*
It also seems possible someone could have aggro'd them while you were AFK and lead them into you.

Needs to be confirmed before I can do anything.
I have managed to replicate this.

Mob Type: Firebloods (Specifically Firesplitters)
Monster specifically Grr'd and made a beeline for me, I was watching with no one else present: very yes.

Conditions: It took a few minutes. I think the protection could have simply timed out, maybe? It also singled out my character's rear for a back attack. Just like last time. Perhaps your rear isn't invisible if enemies look directly at it? I think the timer is more plausible, but you never know, as the mob WAS only aggro'd once they passively circled the character then looked at their butt.

I unfortunately have no method of testing further outside of simply trying to replicate it again and again. But this does bring up a few points.

- It's very possible I underestimated the time I was missing the first time, if the protection can time out. Plus, I was already DEAD upon returning, which took a turn.
- The only one who'd know the details of such a timer, if it exists is Dev. Any input?
- If there is no timer, then perhaps the issue is entirely the rear. I can test this further if it needs testing.
*loud burp*
Does this happen every time? Is it possible you're moving before the fade from black ends?

EDIT: Follow-up question, are you using click to move? Is it possible the battle ended fast enough to where the movement wasn't expired? Worth checking to see.
1) I rarely stand around after battle long enough for it to be normal. I only do it when trying to replicate this.

2) While I do click to move outside of battle for simplcity (No numberpad) I only use the keyboard for battle. The odds of this happening are very low in my exact case, and when this happens, the monsters don't notice me right away, anyways, making it unlikely.

3) I've actually tested it on a few classes to see if it could have been movement skill based. The initial report was from a Boxer. The second one was from an MG/Engi. The one in the middle from an attempt to replicate it was a Destiny duelist. Although they all do have movement skills, it's worth noting that this boxer was back when Orkam Drehen triggered multiple instances of wind damage so he had no reason to Korken, and that MG is actually an Oracle with a mutated weapon who prefers to stay point blank a lot of the time due to the racial evade bonus. So I can try to test further, but it seems unlikely that it's movement skill based when these two weren't ending battles with those moves.
*loud burp*
What I'm asking is if the battles this happens in are settled very quickly, if you're moving with click move and you get pulled into a battle before you reach your target destination.
I'll test that next chance I get. I'll be busy for the next few days so I may not get around to it until Sunday.
*loud burp*