Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lead tempest.
Currently its intended for lead tempest to spectacularly fail when used by any gun without a proper gun subtype

this only affects things mutated into guns.

My argument is that its not unreasonable to change this to allow any gun, even those not born guns, these ....Trans guns to lead tempest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ How pre existing guns still do it better
Pistols-got akimbo
Shotungs-moar power
Rifles-Best weapon part ever (sniper barrel)
Wat.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I don't really see any reason to disallow mutated guns from being used with Lead Storm myself.
"MegaBlues" Wrote:I don't really see any reason to disallow mutated guns from being used with Lead Storm myself.

Mostly shenanigans, probably. Things such as on-hit effects and 'deals 50% of X Atk' across gigantic AoEs. If it did, bad things would occur I can guarantee.
thats not the point since theres no 8* weapons that have on hit elemental attack.

also lead storm already applied bullet shell effects.

mostly the D remains weapons, Arena replicas, and 8* fan tomes.

The only shenanigan I can think off is Kensei demonhunter with a guntana, but then again, no magic gunner(which would probably do more damage than the sheathsword gimmick.)
I think it's just the lack of bullets. Something like a mutated bow should do the trick. The rest? Nah.
all things mutated into guns have 1 round, including bows, this allowed them to be used with one overcharge.

Single shot rifles and shotguns can lead storm.

thats not a very good arguement kunai.

You can perform all fist skills with any weapon mutated into a fist. (giant ki blasts, boxer punches ect)

You can perform all bow skills with any weapon mutated into a bow (starbow)

you can perform magic with anything mutated into a tome.

Its arbitrary to think something mutated into a gun wouldn't be able shoot bullets.
Though the skill is not tied to the weapon type in that sense, anyway. It can only be used with 'Handguns', 'Rifles' and 'Shotguns', the same way Kagekiri gets -1M if used with a Katana.

If any of those aren't matching types? Bzzt. Skill fails, although it shouldn't just lol-fail, it should be unusable to avoid confusion. And if this goes through, it would be the same as asking Lead Storm to casually work with launchers.

So still 'nah' in my part, unless said mutated gun weapon has a range beyond 4. (So it would make this something for bows or throwing daggers.)
I get that it's supposed to stop jackhammers from spamming the map, but it doesn't feel like a good enough reason to stop anything else.

I mean a weapon mutated into a bow gain 3 range, and the enchantment magically just makes it work with arrows.

The enchantment magically allows these former swords and tomes to fit the magic bullets of magic gunners, so the factoid of things mutated into guns not shooting bullets is zilcho.

t fI mean other than the launcher issue being a fair point the only other reason you explain is its bad because it doesn't work, If theres no negative result or over powered shenanigan that is more powerful than the current mechanics allow then there isn't a good reason to atleast allow all guns except launchers use lead storm for a test period.

For instance the shenanigan I wish to try out.

A braver mutated into a gun, I've been using it for awhile with wild ride to shoot enemies all over the map and then sheath sword to proc hidden cuts.
Its neat, but it doesn't exceed the damage I'd see if I was running magic gunner/DH with any shotgun instead of Kensei/DH.

I can already shoot everyone across the map for 7 shots randomly assigned to my foes with my sword mutated into a gun, whats the difference shooting a handful of them within 2-4 range going to do? nothing, except make pve slightly more bearable