Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sturm Tweaks
It's a pretty widely known fact that boxers are doing too much damage still, all things considered they have fine base scalings and fist weapons aren't even the problem here, as Monk and verglas have similar scalings and seem to be more than fine damage wise, it's mostly that they build up sturm way too fast and also just don't exactly have a weakness when it comes to dishing out the pain, be it vs physical resistance (Asura Fist), magical (Felhook/Sturm Shreik) or both. (Regenschauer).

So what ends up happening is that boxers end up spamming the most effective skills that work, and end up getting a crap load of damage, up to 10% per sturm level and that's rather huge, keeping in mind that Absolute Death, analyze weakness and the such cost momentum to even debuff an opponent for some margin of extra damage.

I have a couple proposed tweaks to sturm that might help out with boxers being able to rival the damage of void assassins with non-hit/crit based skills, and also trying to keep them from spamming the same un-counter-playable skill over and over again.

1.) Non-finisher skills in boxer only gain half the damage from Sturm stacks (So up to 40% max instead of 80%)

2.) Using a boxer skill disables sturm generation from that skill until another is used, to prevent spamming asura fist for a crap ton of sturm stacks, you can't gain momentum by using the same thing over and over after all.

Thats about all I got really, other than simply stating 'or Asura fist can only give 1 stack per use since it's ranged'
+1. they just dish out way to much damage way to easily while still remaining very tanky (Physically atleast). and for the rest they have GS. So yes...Please don´t make them kings of both worlds.

Alternatively we lower the scaling for all their skills, rendering them "Weak" till they build up some storm which also means after a "Finisher" their attacks are getting weak again. BUT, I am also more in favor of Spos idea. Was thinking the same pretty much since they were released.
Slapping 1 round cooldowns on all Boxer skills is also an easier option, but I like the OP more. Though, remember to leave Regenshauer out of it, the skill is useless without SS or ways to build it up.

And there's something that disturbs me a bit, so, it would be cool if Orkam Drehen's (-2 Schwarz Sturm) only applied if the Schwarz Sturm gauge was 4+. The pull is not massive on early levels as well as the damage, so why punish their 'early game'?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Ora ora ora ora ora ora. Here's your receipt.

Agreed with Spoops. Boxers are already amaze-balls due to their dashes being 50/50 free 3m and nullified attacks. It's insult to injury that you made a wrong guess and you get beat down with 99% of your health.

I rather boxers play mindgames with their opponents with their tactical usage of dashes rather than the braindead azura fist spam into finisher move with HUGE DAMAGE buffs.
[Image: tenor.gif]
What K Peculier said.

Asura Fist really needs a cooldown for it's rather overwhelming power, even though you have resistances, it still hurts anything that doesn't have 60 RES and 25% Dark Resist.
Sturm could just get reduced to 5% per and still be a pretty nice bonus.
I think so too, I thought it might give a bit more incentive towards finishers, but their effects are plenty strong, so whatever you think is best.
If Schwarz Sturm's bonus damage gets reduced to 5%, my idea for Scharfe can be used too, hopefully. ._.'