Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duo-Destiny
Most people love the concept of Destiny, for good reasons. It´s a fun concept that certainly still has room for improvements but while Destiny is great, sometimes character concepts just dont´work out as great as you would like them to, since a second class outside of your destiny is needed to make it go more smoothly.

So I was thinking if we maybe can get a "Duo-destiny" which is basically just half Destiny for two classes.
aka +8 levels +3 Skillpool size, locked down those two classes of your choosing.
But if we ever going to have Destiny only skills, Duo-Destiny would not have acess to those. That would probably be the tradeoff for having acess to another base class.

Might be asked to much, but I feel like certain classes really need a lot of Skillpoints to be used in a cool way. For example Kensei, has 99 skillpoints you would need to actually max it out, So you wouldn´t be able to no matter what(which is fine), but if you play Kensei normally you try and get the passives since they are just so good, so you end up with maybe just 2 offensive/active skills at best, and you have to leave out many of the cool things that aren´t OP but just fun or very situational. (Looking at you Toiken, my favorite skill with your awkward rangeQ.Q) or Sheath sword/hiddencut. A huge part of why you can´t really get them is because you need to max it out to be useful in most cases, so instead of getting the cool/situational stuff you rather pick the stuff thats reliable overall but less cool.

I feel this would be great and a candy for people that stick to their guns instead of Multiclassing whenever it fits to them.

Or alternatively, could we get a Legend Extension for each class that raises the max level of the Class itself?(Base+promotion classes I mean) Not really a to big fan of this idea cause no one likes to grind, but eh...Some ways to increase the skill points would most people probably appriciate. I think atleast.
I don't really like the idea of a "half destiny". I think making it so you could get a few levels out of inks would be fine, though. I'm hesitant to say 5, but it would take 5 inks to do so, so that's probably fair. Just toss each class in the knowledge section and be done with it.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
your second suggestion is more fair

duo destiny is a bad idea , It gives up very little for part of the benefits of destiny.

There is no fundamental build difference between a player who is Duelist/rogue duo and a non duo ghost spellthief tthe duo arbitrarily gets more skill points. The only investment is 1-2 LE points.

Also contrary to popular stigma, grinding is not hard, at all.

Level 1-40 is an easy climb achieved via a number of methods
1) a higher level piggy back
2) the full clear slide- complete a full clear, before bossfight 1-2 partymember LE, rest of party carries them through fight.
3) kill 100 of blank laplace quests
4) gain roleplay experiance at the same moment you click the LE button, Like a boss
5) cure a patient While you LE, also like a boss

After doing this pay invest 5 points in the healer talent, and go to the clinic, just cure patients
Diagnosis pays 1/10 to next level, cure is 2/10, this is increased by bonus exp from green gloves/boots and bonuses.
It shouldn't take more than a while to just lazily come back to dormeho when your staminas refill

I kinda think the desire more skill points has come from the issue, where each class has slowly been gaining more and more options getting to a point where classes have more invest-able options than even destiny can provide points to spend (looking at you kensei)
I agree that the downside is sorta small for Duo-destiny so I was hesitant to actually suggest it. But then again you have the downside to not swap classes on the fly like some people do, to adjust to a situation and actually have to stick to your guns. Thats actually a big downside (Granted, not even half as big as Full Destiny but yeah.)
Thats why I said if we had Destiny only skills they certainly won´t get those, but I guess working on the premise of something that doesn´t even exist is probably bad.

Uhh your "Level guide" doesn´t work out though for a good part since those quests are quite limited and you can´t even get those 5 full inks for one class if that would be a thing. and you probably need 10 to "Max" out your two classes. Also auto assuming you have friends to let you piggyback ride them is a bad concept over all for a game and doesn´t really say "Grinding it easy" but "getting levels by others is easy!" which is true, but not speaking for grinding on your own. 4./5.) sounds more like an exploit, but I guess it works.but you do all of this like 5 times and yes, no matter what you tell me, it´s a huge boring pain in the ass no one really likes doing, thats why I am not a fan of that idea to be honest. But I can also agree that "Duo-destiny" is maybe a bit lackluster in it´s downsides over normal destiny to be valid as a thing, as much as I would like to use the classes more to it´s fullest for more funzies.

So I guess the "Fairest" option would indeed be the grinding.
Definitely, just grinding by yourself is a pain, but I've done it in a day and I will say while 1-40/50 is doable in a day by yourself, it only works on dodge builds. (summoners/engineers probably have an easy time)

4-5 do feel like exploits, but the actual timing to pull them off ( which I never have, still not sure If I believe them) makes them feel earned since it a failure to do so would place you at level 1.

I was also only listing quick grinding methods, alternatives to the implied solo grind, which is why I excluded it.
Yeah, so I guess we agree it´s not really that easy and the "Stigma" is well deserved. Given you do it on your own and the way the game is designed. I mean most of us who played the game a bit longer and have a bunch of characters did that for like 50 times already.

Then again, I guess we could add some more 100 kill quests for Jammers/Ghosts and uh...Fish I think? would make it a bit less painful again. Maybe a quest for winning a certain raid for another ink. Those things could make it more doable and slightly more fun.
Its painful but calling it hard to do is a misnomer

I'd also like to see the kill 100 x quests refresh after a time period, most mmo-ish grind fests have refreshing kill x quests in the endgame, perhaps after 1 month all Kill x quests that you've completed refresh.
More SP in a single class combo is nice. But this might bring out some problems. And you know what I mea-- Broken Class's Geist Schritt has predicted Koonie's argument, sending it off-course!
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]