Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corpse Gathering
I advised people to compile ideas in a thread for items that monsters should have as part of their corpse collectibles. For example, having some of the beast monsters capable of dropping a beast fang in there.

They're set up on a specific monster basis, so if you have any ideas/requests for collectibles from corpses for them, please list them in this thread, and I'll see about adding the ones I like.
Goblin Spears/Shamans: Goblin ears, Spear parts, empty mana crystal.

GorgonsBig Grinemon Eye, Geode, Solid Stone.

Spatials: Demon Eye, Mind Star, Evil Mass.

Sand Sharks: Beast Fang

(more ideas to come eventually)
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
All I have now are ideas and no solid requests, so bear with moi.

--Accursed Corpse--
Basic Drops: Zoa, Dark Water Vial, Accursed Remains.
New Drops: Rotten Flesh, Decomposing Torso, Unholy Liquid Vial, Putrid Blood Vial.

Comment:
- Rotten Flesh could be a Food item that increases the damage of all negative effects by LV*3% (Poison, Burn, Lingering Damage, etc.), but makes you immune to Hex skills. Has a great chance to inflict Crippling Fever.
- Decomposing Torso could be a Core item, that grants a random number of extra Accursed Remains, but has a small chance of inflicting Ill Will in the whole party.
- Unholy Liquid Vial could be a Bomb Battle Item that casts the skill 'Demon Drool' explode to all directions (like Fleeing Spectres, hitting enemies and allies (and yourself) in the process, at the end of the round.
- Putrid Blood Vial could be a Battle Item that 'un-sanctifies' a tile under you, removing Sanctuary and making it impossible to be cast on it for 10 rounds.

--Spatial Corpse--
Basic Drops: Demon Eye, Spatial Remains.
New Drops: Spatial Leg, Fused Energy Core, Active Spatial Heart.

Comment:
- Spatial Leg could be a Food item that turns your character green-colored in battle, and has a 50% chance to reflect Light damage.
- Fused Spatial Core will be the Core item of Spatial Corpses, grants a random number of Spatial Remains, but has a chance to explode and damage the whole party.
- Active Spatial Heart could be a Bomb Battle Item that's technically a nuke that activates after 3 rounds. So boom and bye to /everyone/ in its ratio (12 tiles circle). The explosion knocks everyone back by 10 tiles (friend or foe) and does 500 magic damage, split evenly in Light and Fire damage.

And I'll pause here for now. I feel like the ideas might become a little too repetitive, but there you go. We could have new things that were never explored before, such as 'reflect' or 'absorb', based on whatever you can eat, harvest or throw from those monsters's remains.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'm mostly looking for existing items, Snake.
Oh, alright. I've suggested the new stuff because those monsters sort of already have random 'logical' drop rates tied to them once the battle ends. For example, sometimes a Legume or Mad Vines will drop medicinal herbs. Or Black Beasts will drop Beast Fangs. Spatials will drop Demon Eyes, and etc. But I understand.

Shark Remains: Beast Fang, Pure Water, Phial of Salt.

Spatial Remains: Orichalum, Mindstar, Breezecloth, Demon Eye.

Fish Remains: Octi Pod, Coral, Seaweed, Large Swordfish.

Insect Remains: Carapace, Mushrooms, Newyen, Conduiz.

Accursed Remains: Zoa, Spirit Chain, Demonsilk.

Gorgon Remains: Solid Stone, Sharpening Stone, Rockdirt.

Kraboid Remains: Icicle, Tuning Crystal, Moonshine, Spices.

Snakeman Remains: Rubber, Snakescale, Snake Venom.

Fireblood Remains: Geode, Gunpowder, Metal Plate, Nerif's Blood.

Dragon Remains: Gunpowder, Void Shard, Sun Stone, Jammer Bone.

(??) Beast Remains: Beast Fang, Leather Square, Milk, Wrap of Beef, Wrap of Poultry.

(??) Bandit Remains: Canvas Square, Chainmain Section, Gunpowder, Sugar.

((Gorgon Remains could be renamed to 'Beast Remains', I think? So it can generalize a lot of those materials. Or maybe add those in the future, idk. And those extra remains can be randomized around the current ones too, if it's too much of a drag to add them by now.))
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]