Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malmelo
Long story short, percentage based health gain is absolutely bat shit, especially when it requires no casting tool. Yes, it has a cooldown, however it still should be looked into.

If you're adjacent to the priest who used this, you just gained back 36% of your health (If they're elf, add +SAN to that) with zero stat scaling involved whatsoever.

If this skill has to exist, can it at least bother to use some stat scaling with it? FAI/2 or something. If you get yourself 1000 hp, you can gain back 240 health without much of an issue, while a good FAI based LB can't even heal for that much on someone with high HP because it requires stat scaling in every other move in the game.

That, or make it a spell that can't be stolen because ho-boy is it a spell that really shouldn't be stolen.
Here's an idea.
While pacifist boon is active it heals for percentage HP but when it's not it scales on faith + A base number like everything else.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Not exactly a really good interaction in my opinion, something dramatic is what Malmelo is supposed to be, it has a 4m cost and heals cross map, it should be a heal almost scaling identically to graft but it also gets an additonal percentage based heal to allies below 25% HP. (Something like 15% at rank 5)

It has a 3 round cooldown, after all.
3 Rounds is childs play to a good Doomwall. But I suppose it's not the biggest deal if it goes unchanged. Interferance stops it dead as well as snatch spell. Or silence. Or simply murdering the priest. It's not really possible to doomwall as a priest anyway.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
If its just a heal identical to graft its just a graft that prevents the use of mass (thats map wide and has benefits below a certain HP threshold), obviously it wouldn't heal a percentage to the priest themself otherwise it would just be a doomwall/spellthief tool.

I don't think this skill should be exempt from spellthieves however, as that'd make it too powerful as now it wouldn't be able to be stolen away from the priest for a tactical advantage, all you gotta do is make it scale properly so it doesn't become healing not tied to a stat, similar to how damage not tied to a stat pans out.