Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Razor's Round of Suggestions
So, I see a bunch of people throwing their ideas in for traits and whatnot. I wanna do the same!

So, lets do this.

[Teamwork: Outflank]
When you AND an ally, who also has this trait, are on opposing sides of an enemy, you both gain +10 critical and +10 hit.
Edit: If two enemies are also on opposing sides of you, you are denied the bonus from this trait. Additionally,

[Juggler]
Allows you to start a fight while juggling weapons. It uses the first weapon on your item belt, and reduces the momentum cost to swap to that weapon to 0. However, upon taking damage, you have a SKI/LUC-based chance to drop the additional weapon. You have to spent 3m to pick it back up from the tile it fell in.

[Eye In The Sky]
While airborne, you have better vision of your enemies, allowing you to relay critical information to your team. +15 hit for allies only.
Edit: However, your eyes have adjusted to spotting details from far away, up in the sky, making it harder for them to do the same for circumstances on the ground. -15 hit when attacking within 3 range.

[Leverage]
If you make a melee attack while airborne and your target is not, you deal 1.10x damage. [Applies on Heaven's Kick]

[Near-Death Perception - Oracle only]
As a diviner of future events, your powers of seeing the unknown become more clear as you come closer towards death's door.
-2% of hit/dodge for every 10% of HP over 70%, but +2% of hit/dodge for every 10% under 70%.

[Gold Gambler - Redtail only]
You gain a skill called "Gold Coin". On heads, you gain 10% SWA. On tails, you lose 10% SWA. 5 turn CD.

[Black Gold Gambler - Redtail only]
You gain a skill called "Black Coin". You have to be within 5 tiles of your target. On heads, your target gains 10% SWA. On tails, your target loses 10% SWA. 5 turn CD.

[Big Gold Gambler - Redtail only]
Prerequisite: Gold Gambler
You gain a skill called "Big Coin". On heads, your team gains 10% SWA. On tails, your team loses 10% SWA.

[Big Black Gold Gambler - Redtail only]
Prerequisite: Black Gold Gambler
You gain a skill called "Big Black Coin". On heads, your team gains 10% SWA. On tails, your team loses 10% SWA.

[Dagger Toss]
You gain the ability to throw your dagger. The dagger has a SKI/LUC based chance to lodge itself in the enemy, becoming stuck and causing bleeding damage. The range of your dagger is scaled SKI/10, in a cardinal line. The dagger thrown cannot be used until retrieved. If it misses, you have to travel to the end tile to pick it up. If it's parried, then it will end up to the left or right tile of the enemy.

[Strangle]
Prerequisite: Grapple skill
Requires a target to be grappled, and the target of the skill has to be under the grappled condition.
You begin to choke-out your grappled target, having a chance to inflict fear and silence on them.
Additionally, you deal damage equal to 100% of your scaled STR, plus 50% of your SWA if your weapon is a fist weapon.
While strangling, grapple becomes a 0M skill.

[Takedown]
Requires a target to be grappled, and the target of the skill has to be under the grappled condition.
You slam your target to the ground, inflicting knockdown and dealing damage based on 75% scaled STR, 25% SWA and the battle weight of your target.

Another round will come, once I think of more stuff.
Edit: I made some changes.
"Victorious Razor" post_id=34509 time=1545795071 user_id=1999 Wrote:[Teamwork: Outflank]
When you AND an ally, who also has this feat, are on opposing sides of an enemy, you both gain +10 critical and +20 hit.

[Eye In The Sky]
While airborne, you have better vision of your enemies, allowing you to relay critical information to your team. +2 move and +15 hit.

[Leverage]
If you make a melee attack while airborne and your target is not, you deal 1.10x damage. [Applies on Heaven's Kick]

I've got a problem with all the traits being thrown around by people, and it's mainly that they seem to have forgotten why dev removed a lot of the old traits/almost all of them - that being because there was literally no reason to not get them. They effectively became mandatory. I very much believe these would become exactly that - mandatory because, well, why why would you not get things that just give you more hit, critical, damage or movement?

Flavor is good, great even. I'd love to see more of it. But things that just give you more damage or stats or some such without extremely specific situations in mind or some such like that, not so much.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Fair enough. I'd like to hear opinions about the stuff that you didn't explicitly point out, as well. I'm mostly just writing down things that come to mind, since Dev said he's open to hearing ideas for traits. They're ideas-- Maybe not the greatest ones, sure, but it's better to throw darts at the wall and see what sticks.

tl;dr, what about the other ones, too?
"Victorious Razor" post_id=34509 time=1545795071 user_id=1999 Wrote:[Juggler]
Allows you to start a fight while juggling weapons. It uses the first weapon on your item belt, and reduces the momentum cost to swap to that weapon to 0. However, upon taking damage, you have a SKI/LUC-based chance to drop the additional weapon. You have to spent 3m to pick it back up from the tile it fell in.

[Dagger Toss]
You gain the ability to throw your dagger. The dagger has a SKI/LUC based chance to lodge itself in the enemy, becoming stuck and causing bleeding damage. The range of your dagger is scaled SKI/10, in a cardinal line. The dagger thrown cannot be used until retrieved. If it misses, you have to travel to the end tile to pick it up. If it's parried, then it will end up to the left or right tile of the enemy.

[Strangle]
You begin to choke-out your grappled target, having a chance to inflict fear and silence on them.
Additionally, you deal damage equal to 100% of your scaled STR, plus 50% of your SWA if your weapon is a fist weapon.
While strangling, grapple becomes a 0M skill.

[Takedown]
You slam your target to the ground, inflicting knockdown and dealing damage based on 75% scaled STR, 25% SWA and the battle weight of your target.

The first two seem interesting, the latter two do as well - but they also seem like they could be a bit strong. They probably need some tuning, or a heavy momentum cost.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
I'll be glad to let someone else balance the numbers, I'm just throwing ideas for things I'd like to see in the game that haven't been created through other means. We don't have any interactions with the grapple skill aside from using it to restrain people, for example.
Dagger Toss sounds interesting as does Strangle though the balance does slightly concern me I'd probably prefer to see it along the lines of you deal damage equal to 25% scaled STR rather than 100% scaled but that's more of a personal preference, I'm not entirely sure adding 50% SWA will make a huge difference but sounds reasonable but like Grandpa said, they might need some tuning or at least a heavy momentum cost. Other than that these two sound promising to say the least.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
[Bloodshed Aura]
You naturally release an aura of killing intent-- whether that be from your years of experience at battle, or from some other means.
All creatures in battle, ally or enemy, receive a status-inflict chance at the start of the battle to receive Fear level 10 for 3 rounds while they acclimate to the potent aura. If a stronger Fear is applied during this time, this Fear is removed.

[Welcoming Presence]
You release an aura that makes people comfortable around you. It causes people to relax, and raises morale even when you don't mean it to.
All creatures in battle, ally or enemy, receive the effects of Inspiration (from the Curate class), with level equal to character level/10.

[Winter Soldier] - Lispoolian Only
You've developed a natural constitution befitting someone from the coldest parts of Lispool. The cold never bothered you anyway.. but, the heat probably will.
-10% Fire Resistance, +10% Ice Resistance

[Sand Soldier] - Onigan Only
You've developed a natural constitution for dealing with the harsh environment surrounding Gold. Heat and sand can't get in the way of bloody and glory.
-15% Ice Resistance, +10 Fire Resistance, Pocket Sand is half as effective.

[Law's End Inhabitant]
You're a well-known inhabitant of Law's End. As such, you've gained some perks that others don't quite have.
+10% chance to have your items found in the Lost & Found.

[Law's End Criminal]
Prerequisite: Law's End Inhabitant
You've gone from being just an inhabitant to being a notorious villain of society. With this, you're truly a part of the most bloodthirsty places around.
+25% chance for items to be found in Lost & Found, +10% damage VS Law's End Hunters.

[Law's End Hunter]
You're a bounty hunter attempting to capture and bring down Law's End Inhabitants-- whether its simply because of the money, or because of your sense of justice, the criminals of Law's End are the ones you bring back in shackles.
+10% damage VS Law's End Criminal, +Scaled STR/2% chance for Restrain to apply on enemies.

[Honorable Knight]
Prerequisite: Maxed Chivalry, hitting targets from the front 10,000 times.
You've proven that you're an honorable foe in battle, a true cut above the rest.
The benefits from Chivalry are doubled; you lose the benefits of Chivalry for the duration of a fight in which you attack a foe from behind.