Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic and Sub attacks
So it seems each reboot basic attacks and/or sub attacks bug in strange ways. These effects cease upon a new reboot, and then randomly begin again sometime in the future with seemingly no known reason. It affects the entire server.

The effects range from the basic attack skill doing magical damage, but not skills that make you basic attack. To Sub-attack doing absolutely nothing as if you were affected by hesitation. To basic and sub attack macros not working.

As a result of all the different effects that have been happening lately I don't have any pictures to enclose. But its very likely that if you log on at any point in the future, your basic or sub attack might be bugged in some way.
This has already been pointed out in a post.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6761
See above post.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
I've added a debug message for this, if you notice oddities turn on player debug and let me know what it spits out when you use the attack.
When using a Moonlight Mercy in my main hand, it randomly became a Jackhammer as far as targeting was concerned. I snagged the relevant debug logs when shooting it:

Quote:Debug: Total Power for Ace in the Hole / Ace in the Hole was 0.
Debug: Attack type: /obj/skill/fe_attack/gun/jackhammer
Debug: Ace in the Hole; rounds = 1, rounds_over = , bonus_dmgs = 85, bonus_dmg_over =
Debug: bonus_dmg_this = 85
Debug: Basic Attack - Weapon Ace in the Hole; 0
Debug: Total Power for Ace in the Hole / Ace in the Hole was 0.
Debug: Critical Multiplier for this attack is: 150%
Debug: no_armor was in flags
Debug: projectile was in flags
Can you tell me how you're selecting Attack too? From the menu or from the hotbar?
In this case, I'm fairly certain I was selecting it from the menu. I don't recall with 100% certainty, so I'll post here again with that information if it happens again.
Thanks, it'd also be helpful to know if there's any difference between using the hotbar and the menu, so try them both out.
Here is the information requested:

From Menu:

Quote:Debug: Total Power for Royal Flush / Royal Flush was 0.
Debug: Sub-Attack type: /obj/skill/fe_sub_attack/gun/jackhammer
Debug: Sub-Attack type: /obj/skill/fe_sub_attack/gun/jackhammer
Debug: Basic Attack - Weapon Royal Flush; 0
Debug: Total Power for Royal Flush / Royal Flush was 0.
Debug: Critical Multiplier for this attack is: 150%
Debug: no_armor was in flags
Debug: projectile was in flags
Debug: magic was in flags
Debug: no_reduc was in flags

From Hotbar:

This is a bit trickier. If you drag out sub attack onto your hotbar and use it, you will see THIS message once, and only once:

Quote:Debug: 0
Debug: Sub-Attack - /obj/skill/fe_sub_attack/gun/jackhammer

Tapping the corresponding hotkey again AFTER that results in this message from there on out:

Quote:Debug: 0
Debug: Sub-Attack - /obj/skill/fe_sub_attack/gun

In both instances, the buttons did not allow me to move to targeting, so the weapon could not be fired via the hotbar. I hope that helps.
This has been corrected. If you still have incorrect attack types set in your hotbar you'll have to reset them after the update.