Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2.15b) Unimmobilized mobile skills
I believe serval skills that should be labeld as movement skills are not properly labed and I assume its an oversight. so those skills are uneffected by Immobilize/Frozen and given their great mobillity, I doubt that was intended.

Summoner:
Jhunn-Jetwing (given its great mobillity I assume its unintended)

Firebird:
Falcon Strike
Riser? (probably fine though)

Racial/Item: (I feel those shouldn't work either, espicially not when you are a fat block of ice)
Gain Air
Burn Up
Leaping Lizard

A skill that is hindered by Immobility though it shouldn't is:
Firebird:
Pierce Linker (Its not a movement skill, it attacks in a straight line, It also gives Mirage walk.)

All skills are tested with Frozen only, since I lack the tools to test it reasonably with Immobilize. If anyone noticed any other skills that are unjustifiedly stopped by Frozen (like Pierce Linker) or isn't stopped by it, feel free to add it here.
iirc Immobilize/Frozen doesn't really affect Gain Air or Burn Up because it's only intended to stop movement skills. Those just grant you Airborne.

Riser isn't a movement skill at all, if that's what I'm thinking it is. (The one that throws two feathers and makes someone go airborne, isn't it?)

Pierce Linker and Falcon Strike, if they grant Mirage Scale's effects, are then movement skills and should be affected. That one is correct.

Same goes for Jhunn's skill (Does it grant Mirage Scale's effects? If so, then it should be a movement skill). Although that's a bit of a chin rub, given the skill is a burst of fire making you blast forward, mechanically speaking it's the Youkai giving you a boost, not you moving.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I think Flame Jetwing is the only one of these that ever made sense, given the youkai is invoking it for you, kinda like boosting on jetwings.

Every other one of these is seemingly correct though. Though I don't agree with having access to airborne granting skills while immobilized should be disabled, not like you can actually move since Winged Serpent would be disabled.
The Jhunn skill doesn't grant Mirage scale, yeah.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
I don't know, I don't think you should be able to gain air, while being rooted on the ground, but thats whatever. It just diudn't make sense for me for an Corbie to flap its wings to fly, while half frozen or tied up. Hayttrs had Extra Traits for it if I remember correctly?

Pierce Linker isn't moving you at all, but is labled a movement skill, therefore granting Mirage walk and stopped by Immobilize/Frozen. Its just a straight 3 line basic attack though.

Falcon strike on the other hand, does not grant you Mirage walk nor is it stopped by immobilized/frozen. Though thats one heck of an mobillity skill. I assume Dev simply mistook one for the other when applying the tag.

The argument about Jetwing has an issue, cause if the youkai is summoned, its still not stopped when the youkai is immobilized.
I also always figured the youkai are using the skills through you (therefore using your stats), other than you summoning them for one attack.
I think it's more the same logic as Corbie and the other. It's called fire jet that leaves a trail of fire behind it. If anything it's using its wings and using a jet of flame to push and move it to another location. It does the same for the user. A better way to look at it: It's a rocket.

But yeah, if it doesn't grant MS, its not a mobility skill, which means it can normally ignore those effect. If anything, move this to balance fu.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
Pierce Linker and Falcon Strike have been corrected.