Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff Balancing
So, not even a few minutes into the update and I think. Hey, maybe we should try and balance the staffs a bit.

Staff of Forging- Kind of long range, restores 3 durability to a weapon or half of the weapons, whichever is lower. This is kind of a cool effect. Until you look at the fact that it costs FIFTY FP to use. 49 with Staff Mastery, which that -1 FP cost does literally nothing to help. Maybe have it be "Restores FAI durability or Half weapon Durability, whichever is lower." to make it more useful for that FP cost.

Staff of Antidote- Cool, very nice. Curing poison at range for a decent FP cost of like. 14. It's basically Anti-Toxin, but everyone. However, it still gets fucked compared to an Anti-toxin which gives 10% Status resist. Maybe it could give the "Good medicine" bonus. That'd be nifty.

Staff of Cooling- What even burns you again. If you're getting burned, its fire damage, and most people have a lot of fire resist, or a red letter.

Staff of Warding- Woo.. a 1-tile push and blind. That's... Cool I guess?

Staff of Mend- Okay like, this is nice. WIL/2+FAI heal for 20 FP. Except, graft will almost always heal for MORE. For 1M more, your graft will also heal a ton of people, for even less FP. No seriously, my staff of mending healed for 72, my rank 1 graft heals for 142. That's kind of pathetic considering Graft costs less FP.

Staff of Restraint- I have no real qualms with this staff. It's pretty nice, if a tad overpowering with someone who has obscene FAI. ( I'm looking at you people who will smack me for -50 HIT/Evade and -2 Move. )

Maybe we could have Staff Mastery have a few more ranks, which at max unlock some extra 'goodies' for the staves like the good medicine bonus with the Antidote staff, etc. Possibly even have staff mastery reduce the FP cost by Rank*10% so certain staves don't cost you an arm and a leg to use.