Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More ways to clear out smoke
I think Smoke is a largely unfun mechanic to face when spammed, and given there are only 3 methods of actually clearing it (Cyclone spear, Air Pressure, Tile destruction) its harder to find someone randomly who just has the ability to clear it out and make it less of a nuiscance.

I want to start off by mentioning that Smoke tiles are not a largely broken mechanic, when you have the ability to just print screen things before smoke actually detonates or have a pretty great understanding and awareness of what might be happening around you, you will bumble around in the dark far far less, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

I think instead of taking away the vision loss mechanic which is largely what makes it unique, we could probably just make do with more ways to actually clear it out.

I think attributing this to wind is thematic enough given that Cyclone Spear and Air Pressure currently can make away with it, but I'd also like to extend this to:

-Air Shafts overwriting Smoke Tiles, removing them when formed, and removing any further ones attempted to be placed within the vicinity.

-Typhur's AoE blowing away Smoke Tiles, giving LB a bit more utility in its kit.

-Piercing Shinken blowing away Smoke Tiles in its path

-Raging Crystal Rose blowing away Smoke Tiles in its path

-Gryphon Wing, a largely under utilized and underpowered summon spell, that could see use blowing away smoke tiles

And thats all I'll mention, any further additions are welcomed but I thought I'd just make this.
I can give like few more suggestion to this list.

Kensei Combo Toiken - It does blow stuff around the area away so why not add smoke to the list as well?

This two are a wild suggestion - Raging Heaven Kick and Raging Execute. Both blow away the smoke within the (first) hit diamond.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
Vydel could also do it I'd say.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I'd also like to suggest walking through smoke tiles while under the effects of charge, shukuchi, etc. AND basic movement should disperse those walked tiles temporarily for that round and respawn next round if applicable.
Smoke's duration in general shouldn't be that big. It's an effect that ruins the flow of any game almost instantly. And it's not like it will stop ranged people from fighting anyway, due to auto-targeting.

I prefer it only lasting two rounds, but its Hit reduction/Evade bonus being absurd to compensate.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
All of the additional ways to get rid of smoke are good.

Lowering the duration to two rounds is just making it silly and worthless. Who would ever take smoke screen after that?
Silly and worthless is also how I feel once my battle screen is pitch black in a goddamn strategy RPG game.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Smoke tiles offer one of the few unique mechanics in this game. While more counterplay adds to the strategy element of this game, nuking it because you personally find it annoying does not.
Sure. Whatever. Let's decimate the entire smoke with the windy stuff. Wooo. I'm down for that, makes logical sense anyway.

Snake post_id=39112 time=1581866535 user_id=310 Wrote:Smoke's duration in general shouldn't be that big. It's an effect that ruins the flow of any game almost instantly. And it's not like it will stop ranged people from fighting anyway, due to auto-targeting.

I prefer it only lasting two rounds, but its Hit reduction/Evade bonus being absurd to compensate.

Considering Ninjutsu can make smoke bombs last longer and that's usually the main duration. Just half that bonus if you really care to nerf it. 2 Rounds makes it so you pretty much have to be faster or just get the big yeet.

FaeLenx post_id=39118 time=1581883177 user_id=2063 Wrote:Smoke tiles offer one of the few unique mechanics in this game. While more counterplay adds to the strategy element of this game, nuking it because you personally find it annoying does not.

While 90% of people do find smoke annoying, as with many other things in this game. Counters exist as does the ability to prepare for it. This thread is about the lack of too many options to prepare against Smoke after all. pls no nuke due to finding memes annoying, nuke with logical care thx