Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I transform my tome into...Another tome? (2.18b)
So, after this happened like twice now, I rather post this to let it well known than leave it to reboot.

After the game reboots, for some reason, Artifact Tomes (Forgrint, Grandovyn, Rexys), from time to time, their ability to change form stop working. The verb is still active however it doesn't change the weapon Instead, all it does change is the weapon range.

Whenever this happens, for it to be fixed, you have to wait until the next reboot and pray that it'll be fixed or remain broken until the reboot after that.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
I reported this before, and I would dig up the post I made if it wasn't for the search function being super-wonky... I'll point out the things I could gather from it last time but no more details can be provided as of this moment.

1. There are times where the tome shifters will randomly be stuck to shifting your Main weapon or your Sub weapon, regardless of where you put the tome. I.E, I have a Salamander Sword in my main hand and a Forgrint in my off-hand, but once I use the shift skill, it'll give me Weapon Shift (Main) and turn my Salamander Sword into a spear. Funny stuff.

2. This happens the first time you use the skill before reboot, and it actually cannot be fixed in any form unless you wait for the game to reboot, then it suddenly fixes magically. Similarly, a reboot can break it again at a late date.

3. When you use weapon shift, any potential skills you use from the tome shifters will lose Power bonuses in their scaling. I have no idea why, but it's just a thing. It's possible to reproduce this by comparing Fallenharn (Forgrint Potential) without tome shift, and with tome shift. Note that this happens to all tome shifter potentials.

Turns out it's not so much "it stops working" as "it is working but it's stuck to changing a completely different weapon slot."

This also means you can weapon shift a fan tome to a sword and Sidecut someone while knocking them back 1 tile in front of your attack over and over and over and over to death, funny enough. This didn't happen before it was made so you were locked out of item-belt weapon swapping while under the Weapon Shift (Main) or Weapon Shift (Sub) statuses, so it might be related to that.

EDIT: here's a picture of our true lord and savior the salamander spear
[Image: unknown-18.png]
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]