Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We need a divorce
As the marriage counselor in the room I would like to explain why Guile and Strength's marriage is unhealthy. Strength is too dependent on guile and whenever strength goes to talk to the balance counselor he can't get any help because anything that makes him better makes that cheating ho guile too strong because strength doesn't know she's got herself 100% guile scaling weapons on the side hustle.

So I propose we seperate guile from strength. To do this we remove the critical damage scaling from guile and return to using a fixed critical damage modifier. This modifier was 200% before guile existed but I can see the argument  that  it may be a bit strong considering you need 60 guile to even approach that on the best weapons, so perhaps 150-175% universal crit damage mod before other mods 

Now without having crit damage anymore guile feel's kind of empty so as a conciliation prize guile could now get "Reduces enemy mdef and physdef calculations by .5 per scaled guile" this thematically fits guile being the sneaky and acid stat, allowing it to aid in getting past tanks. Heck with this change mages my decide to build a bit of guile over being a magical medicine ball.

this would solve the blandness of basic attack builds, because it free's up a stat's worth of investment and makes their build choices more comparable to autohit stonks. This solution avoids the problem of inadvertently buffing daggers, changing the game via some sort of mechanical change like a global fluer/momentum rebalance, and also makes guile a viable stat outside of basic hit builds.
I'd rather just remove guile from the game. Before Great Reckoning crit damage was consistently good, but now you have a stat tax if you want to do good crit damage. All the things that currently scale with guile can just scale with skill instead.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
(05-08-2021, 04:55 PM)Sawrock Wrote: I'd rather just remove guile from the game. Before Great Reckoning crit damage was consistently good, but now you have a stat tax if you want to do good crit damage. All the things that currently scale with guile can just scale with skill instead.
I thought of this at first too, but that would be:
  • A buff to daggers, guns, and (some)bows where they only need two stats for damage(skill and luck)
  • Confusing for acid attack, where would it go
  • Probably require a change to base skill slots

Guile has been around for so long and is tied to more than just crit damage that I think its better to just remove crit damage from it and find a better mechanic for guile.
(05-08-2021, 05:08 PM)Lolzytripd Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 04:55 PM)Sawrock Wrote: HARBAHGUBFAOIDFF? HGRSEJERHJR!!! HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I thought of this at first too, but that would be:
  • A buff to daggers, guns, and (some)bows where they only need two stats for damage(skill and luck)
  • Confusing for acid attack, where would it go
  • Probably require a change to base skill slots

Guile has been around for so long and is tied to more than just crit damage that I think its better to just remove crit damage from it and find a better mechanic for guile.

That's a completely strong point. We can't really have GUI safely removed with that in mind.
I was going to say I still think GUI should give crit damage in this case, though- it's too thematic to push over, but honestly having DEF/RES have the penalty from GUI-users reducing their tankiness would make up for CEL's evasion procs being too static. It'd give an advantage to both sides of the defensive spectrum. It also means you can still build melee crit without GUI, just that you'd be more effective against dodgies than tanks. So all in all, I like it.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
GUI should be the damage stat used for Finesse weapons, if anything.

So STR goes for someone who wants more durability, and GUI goes for someone who wants to sacrifice it all for damage.

But for that to happen, the critical damage deal should probably go, be swapped for armor penetration or something.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Shujin
(05-08-2021, 08:23 PM)Snake Wrote: GUI should be the damage stat used for Finesse weapons, if anything.

So STR goes for someone who wants more durability, and GUI goes for someone who wants to sacrifice it all for damage.

But for that to happen, the critical damage deal should probably go, be swapped for armor penetration or something.
If this went through it wouldn't be a stretch to change some weapons to scale off guile instead of strength, guile being the finesse in that case. Some of the katanas, maybe a few fist weapons would make sense.

though if that went through I think we'd want guile weapons to not scale as well as strength weapons (less power/lower total) so that strength performs best against unarmored and guile slips through defense/res
I'm all about this change, but you know the drill people, open them wallets and let's get to work. Money talks.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water