Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUG] Actual Player Ran Shops
I know we already have Shop Keepers breathing down our necks every time our characters pass by a major city in Sigrogana, but I think it'd be great if we could use the wooden seller's stands in Cellsvich, Dormeho, Chaturanga, and other places to our benefit. Not everyone can afford to donate for Asagorians, and for a fee of Murai, they could rent out one of these stands, smack a banner on them, and manually sell their goods that way. I personally think this would make roleplay much livelier -- casual roleplay, at least. Who knows, though. Perhaps some swindler might try to bargain too high or too low and get their just desserts.

Comments, thoughts, additional suggestions, et cetera.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
There should be spots for this in Law's End too.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]
Although I believe the user base lacks the density to be able to make this a well used mechanic. I like the idea of it. I'm all for more rp elements. Not sure how to properly implement it however. Sounds good on paper though.

Thumbs up
[Image: b89f62f8ce.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m7g6clz79C1rpqqpz.gif] I'm also still Batman.
This could be implemented much like how house banners work, though I think the banner would be considerably smaller. . . Or it could hang from the counter of the stand and not exactly from the portico.

It's also much easier to have a hands on character from your business or what-have-you to advertise your business than to have a robot doing all the work. And as I stated before, this is also an alternative for players who lack the funds to donate for Asagorians.
Nothing's stopping you from doing so right now aside from a banner, which automated shopkeepers don't have either. You can even list your inventory of goods on the forums and link people to them if you want to simplify matters.
Just thought it'd add more flavor is all, and a wider range of involvement for the community. Shop Keepers could also get banners as well, something I don't think anyone -- including myself -- would be opposed to.