Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adjustable or Scrolling Combat Menus
Apologies if this has been discussed before, or if I'm missing an option or adjustment that lets you fix it on your own, but I didn't find anything in my brief search of the forums; at least nothing that seemed specific.

This won't affect 99% of people, or so I assume, but it does become a potential issue for those that take Undeniable Innovator. I'm having a tonne of fun with the trait and it's potential combinations, but after you possess a number of skills or spells -- especially on smaller resolutions and window sizes -- the list gets cut off during combat. This won't be an issue for larger window sizes or people running fullscreen on 1080+, but it may be for others. I'll attach some images below for ease of reference, and explain them at the bottom.

This doesn't... Break anything, per se? But it does make clicking, or glancing at, your skills and spells somewhat awkward. You end up having to use the keyboard to blindly find the right one. It's name and description does appear at the top as always, so this isn't a major issue, but it would be nice if there was some way of displaying even cut off abilities. I'm not sure what the best way to do this would be, but perhaps...

1. The menu could scroll up and down as you go through the list? In particular, if you jumped to the bottom then the list would jump down with you, then return to the top if you go back again.

2. The menu splits into two or more columns, so that it is easier for those who would rather click through their abilities.

3. Perhaps a simpler solution may be to raise the position of the combat menu, or allow it to be adjusted by each player to their own preference.

3a. As a side suggestion, the ability to also temporarily hide the UI in combat could be helpful, too.

The first two images attached below show the menu being cut off at my preferred window size on laptop, which is a fault of my own, but the third shows how close it is to being cut off at 1080p fullscreen. Again, this won't affect 99% of people, but it just seemed like something at least worth bringing up on the off-chance it could be addressed. Due to how minor of an issue it it, I completely understand if this isn't something worth addressing.

Thank you for your time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like ChibiFox's post:
  • caliaca, firehawk11