Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ariadne - Character Application
Applicable BYOND Key - SilkyIndigo

Character Name - Ariadne Sarpellia
Request Type - Lore Submission, Appearance Request

Request Details - An unique Heron lacking angelic qualities and wings for flight, with their racial traits replaced and corrupted by a curse from an ancient beast akin to the modern feathered serpent. 

Blackened feathers, as opposed to white/gold - sharp serpentine incisors and tongue, and lastly a black tail. Lacking wings on their back, with wings on their head instead, completely unusable for flight.
Access to Heron Words and Heavenly, as well as Golden Eyes are untouched, despite the featured blank eyes of the Heron being now stained with serpentine slits.

Reason for Request - 
I've dawdled on making this post for a short while, having asked for advice and confirmation through ModMail and contacted a few friends to prim it as best as I can whilst keeping it simple.
In the end it isn't much beyond the display of a somewhat unique concept for a character in appearance and mentality, with a leeway of making an event string out of it.

So, here it is. As small and concise as I could make it.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your Request - Having wronged the deity that had protected them from the weather since their inception, the Sarpellia tribe were struck with a curse that would taint them for all of time so long as they prevailed. One that would spread the deity's influence, and seep away at the blessings that were etched to them as a kaelensia as well as their lifespan - strengthening the beast itself.

Ariadne dwells within a long line of Sarpellian lorekeepers, and one of its only survivors after years of culling - shortening their numbers in admonishment of their past. 
She shares this curse; but views it as a blessing. Wishing to prevail, she travels across the land for traces of this ancient being, should it even be real.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Considering Herons are supposed to be quite rare, especially ones choosing to hang around the other squabbling races I think I can make an exception for this character concept appearance wise.

Make sure you still stick to having only the abilities that your chosen race has and assuming that this character is for Korvara I would rewrite the deity as something else like a powerful entity/demon/spirit/etc that doesn't have a definitive godly tone to it.
[Image: tenor.gif]
(06-28-2023, 05:11 PM)K Peculier Wrote: Considering Herons are supposed to be quite rare, especially ones choosing to hang around the other squabbling races I think I can make an exception for this character concept appearance wise.

Make sure you still stick to having only the abilities that your chosen race has and assuming that this character is for Korvara I would rewrite the deity as something else like a powerful entity/demon/spirit/etc that doesn't have a definitive godly tone to it.
Consider it done!
And should an event ever come out of it, a demonic entity will definitely be what it winds up unto!
Alright with that change, you can feel free to go through with it.
[Image: tenor.gif]