Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDAS BUFF
BritneySpearsFan44
Midas
Appearance Fluff

Details;

I play a strong mf with this being a core component of his character; Mechanically I have done my due diligence to live up to this but narratively I do not get much to work with-- This request is to give that concept something substantive. I have been told by a couple gm's that this isn't something that would necessarily require an application, but I would like to be transparent (And not edgy about it)

A Tattoo, performed by a skilled mage with the sole purpose of making the wearer weaker; un-bindable by said Warlord where needed.

[Image: iu.png?ex=65e2dee4&is=65d069e4&hm=f6c14c...1f2c37fec&]
The intent of this is not to MOGG players, No moreso than big raga' already does-- Nor declare that he is stronger than he is by virtue of having gm-appointed restraint, just provide an otherwise grounded character with something uniquely anime villain. Like tekagen, but raw.

It's not outside of the lore for such a tattoo to exist by any means-- hence the aforementioned advice, but thematically it exists to allow Midas to perceive himself as being 'too strong' for the world he resides in, which is hallmark to the character and something I will be continuing regardless of the results of this. 
As for why it should exist, and not just given the simpler explanation of 'just holding back';
Mechanically and Thematically, I have built this fella to use every self-sacrificial source of damage I could afford, Narratively he is only strong because he is willing sacrifice all that he has to be strong. Because of this, feigning disinterest makes for a poor visual.
[Video: https://youtu.be/dUTH39_YaFk]
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4.../Goose.png

[Image: unknown.png]

DEV: Don't use such large images in your signature.

[Image: ff1cbab38842243c0634bf0ebaf4264f.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like FatherCrixius's post:
  • Autumn, Ray2064, Senna
Before we go about making any final decisions regarding this application, I'm rather curious. 

What is the nature of the Tattoo? Does it follow the same sort of thematic of the Arcane Tattoos? Or is it instead based more so on curse markings of the vein that a Hexer could be able to brand upon your character.

Another question, I'm very curious if the Tattoo is removable in any way? Is it something your character can forcibly remove or could another character be able to remove it? And to that extent, would removing it "unleash" your character's power akin to something like Ki Awoken narratively?
[Image: iu.png?ex=65e59e97&is=65d32997&hm=b6418b...61994b3b0&]

Prolly arcane tattoos, the express purpose is that this is something Midas has 'opted into' rather than something thrust upon him. In my mind that would imply the tattoo is maintained through either dumping ones focus or ki into, preventing that focus / ki from being used normally. The thematic reason is the only important part however, that this is a self-restrictive compromise in order to make life more challenging to him, and I would be fine in making lore-based concessions wherever you feel needed king.

I do not think it should be preperational, as in disabling it should not take more than a (dramatic) moment, nor would it make logical sense for him to take this tattoo if it meant relying on another to remove it-- Narratively Ki awoken would be the kind of jump however.
[Video: https://youtu.be/dUTH39_YaFk]
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4.../Goose.png

[Image: unknown.png]

DEV: Don't use such large images in your signature.

[Image: ff1cbab38842243c0634bf0ebaf4264f.jpg]
In this case, with reference to what you've returned to me with, I see no risk in entrusting you with my approval regarding your application. In other words, you are free to roleplay raw tekagen.  

Go forth golden oni.