Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They've got the Clap
Just a silly idea that ran through my head for Bards.

As we know, Galdr is very much something that you can do through something as simple as singing. Potentially even through tap dancing, so long as sound is made. What if we added a passive skill in Bard that allowed for the following:

1 Point
Passive
"Natural Rhythm"
When the user has bare fists equipped (or their off-hand does not have a shield or another weapon equipped), they gain the ability to play music using their Bare Fists as an instrument.

There are a number of ways that this could be rehashed, but the initial thought I had was that it could be a different weapon that isn't bare fists, and was instead a SAN-Scaling weapon, not dissimilar to Mixed Martial Arts and how it lets you wield a glove in the hands slot and still get access to Bare Fists. Either a 100% San scaling 'weapon' that is only used for Songs/Instrument skills from bard, or something else.

I just want Bards to not HAVE to have an instrument weapon because sometimes Instruments. Kind of... Aren't that great.... Or I want to run Kensei/DB, and mainhand a Katana, and be able to have an 'instrument' on the offhand so I can keep Kensei mechanics.
This is a massive dancer buff, but i'm chill with it as long as we acknowledge how terrifying this is for Dancer.
That kind of sounds like "Dancer is overperforming on a high-end scale of Elemental Attack stacking and just, in general, nuking people for 600+ damage if they don't have the correct elemental resistances." (Which, in essence, is Ice/Lightning Resist. Dark resist if they're a Darkbard and using Unholy Diver's shenanigans).

Which yeah. Probably terrifying in that end (and with Idol step still existing in any way-shape-or-form).