Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rena Harrow - Haunting
Applicable BYOND Key - Karidan

Character Name - Rena Harrow

Request Type - Affliction

Request Details -  I am looking to have Rena be haunted by a Revenant empowered by years of blood rituals and sacrifice.

The main effects that this will have are reflavoring her spells to be small openings for him to reach through and damage or hurt other players
Allowing him to do some spooky things, like bang on doors, windows, do something in the peripherals if the person near is spiritually sensitive, things of the like.

For most people, he is not readily visible, even those who are very good at detecting spiritual presence can't get a good look at him unless he wants it, but those who focus on Rena would get a sense that she is the source of the disturbance. Given that the Revenant is not possessing a object, but is tied to her through her bloodline, I expect that the sense would be less that she's carrying something, but she is the revenant, even though this is not the case.

It also has the side effect of her sickly appearance and general lack of physical strength, as the toll enacted on her for carrying something like this keeps her from being as physically strong as someone who is healthy.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - It will be a good way for me to capitalize on a plot point that was unfortunately abandoned with her predecessor, Rodan, I RP'd him having a alternate personality and the myth surrounding the entity for a long time, even though no concrete evidence or explanation was ever given to the other personality.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request -

Several skills in the game allude to servitude to a darker power, Servant of a Dark Authority, Blackened Faith. As well as the whole of Hexer being based around spirits and manipulating emotion, these fonts ingame already support the idea of her power coming from something like this.
This application doesn't stray too far from what is already acceptable, however the precaution made to make sure you're free to fly (so-to-speak) was greatly appreciated.

After having read through everything in detail. Consider this application approved!

Go forth, inhabited one!