Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching Teams Mid Combat
It would be nice to have the option to request a team change in the middle of PvP battle. There are several reasons this might happen ICly, and it would be cool to not have to exit and restart a fight to do it. Furthermore, it would be great -- although probably too difficult to code-- a way to be an 'enemy' to everyone. In the event you really need to beat down both people involved at the same time.
I really, really want this.

But I know it'll never happen, because of how hard it would be.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7743#p7743 Wrote:Kameron8 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:10 pm[/url]"]Furthermore, it would be great -- although probably too difficult to code-- a way to be an 'enemy' to everyone. In the event you [strike]really need to beat down both people involved at the same time[/strike] are a guard.

Yes, please. Maybe make it a Skill that takes 6M, so there can't be too much shenanigans, and it would happen on a new turn for the player doing it.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
"Mivereous" Wrote:Maybe make it a Skill that takes 6M, so there can't be too much shenanigans, and it would happen on a new turn for the player doing it.

No real need for this. Changing allegiances is an RP decision. If you want to gimp someone from defecting from your team, you should pick better teammates in the first place.
I just figured it would prevent most bugs/grief issues.

I.e.,

Player A + B vs Player C
Player A runs up to Player B and uses Explosion; Player A switches teams right then; who would Explosion affect?

Player A, B, C, D vs Player 1, 2, 3
Player 1 switches teams; suddenly, 5v2. I know this one is unlikely, but we've had obvious dumbbugs before.

Player A + B vs Player C
Player A just switches teams every time Player C is targeting. Immune to all damage.

Player A + B vs Player C
Player A is faster than Player C, and runs up to Player C and switches teams and skips turn; Player C cannot harm them, and thinks they have a new ally; Player A's turn rolls back around, and Player A now switches back to the team with Player B, and has one and a half turns to use against Player C.

Even if you added a pop-up that asks the other team's leader if they wanted to allow you in, there's still that stupid thing where Spacebar triggers your prompt answer, which would be just as annoying as when someone invites you to a team/challenges you while you're typing.

Making it a thing that can just happen on the drop of a dime without some kind of repercussions is just a bad idea, I would think.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
Low priority but maybe some day.