Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Border Beasts
A Black Beast that spawns along the map border remains passive and will take no action until attacked.

Normally not too major an issue, but being on the border leads to them not using Dark Calling in/from inaccessible areas, most notably in Dormeho.

Simple fix: Adjust the spawn zones so no enemies spawn directly on the edge of the map.
*loud burp*
Ironically, I had came here to make a report of something similar and accidentally clicked this. So I'll just add my own findings to this.

My own instance of this happening was a bit more "major" however:

http://puu.sh/jCqqg/16460143f9.jpg

Given that scenario, I couldn't reach it, and it couldn't move. So I had to flee the battle.
That's... interesting. Does the BB's turn come up normally in the chat?
1) Yes. it comes up normally.

2) Related: I've also noticed that even if a beast is NOT on the border, AND lacks a direct path to a target, it will not Dark Calling unless at least one target is within a relatively short range (5, maybe? I can't be ENTIRELY sure.) Which, of course, defeats the entire purpose of the skill.

3) Unrelated: They love to Dark Calling towards already defeated allies, leading to absurd loops of calling-move-calling-move where they eternally run towards a living target but never get there. Which, of course, is incredibly stupid. I tested this the other night by spamming end turn, and it took 17 turns (Turn 2-turn 19) before the beast used Calling on me, instead. And this was in a 2-man party. (Similarly, Kinu 2 likes to target dead people with Retaliate and her Reaver combos - but from what I can tell, not much else seems to have this issue?)

Really, as it stands now, Dark Calling doesn't even serve it's intended purpose and exists only to be frustrating as sin to anyone who isn't just dodgetanking them (due to Roar's attack boost making them a decent threat even to physical tanks) since they cannot be kited and, in the event of one particular story battle, will just spam calling to ruin your day instead of attacking their real target, making it a hellish endurance match to try to survive long enough for them to actually wear down the intended target (unless you're just overlevelled as heck, since the beasts are level 35, IIRC?)

New suggestion: Could Dark Calling possibly be coded to "be used automatically if no direct path exists, but never otherwise?" I realize that might be oddly specific, but like I said, it's not even serving the purpose of why it was added at all, presently.
*loud burp*
They should use Dark Calling normally now.