Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Maneuver: Strategize
Innates and passives that act as innates would become less useful if this came into place. I personally never buy skills that I can't equip.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10744#p10744 Wrote:Sawrock » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:05 pm[/url]"]Innates and passives that act as innates would become less useful if this came into place.
...How so? If an innate wasn't good I wouldn't get it in the first place, and a ton of them (see: Claret Call, Rising Game, MA evade boosts, most of the Kensei innates, and the list goes on...) are actually better than skills that take up a slot. Whether or not they take up a skill slot is mostly irrelevant to how useful they are. I'd rather spend my SP on a skill slot skill that's actually useful than on an innate that isn't, and vice-versa.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10736#p10736 Wrote:Trexmaster » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:41 pm[/url]"]My only concern is some classes getting stupid with it (see: DH being able to swap between all their stances, MG having access to every single shell, etc.)

I've managed both of those without this, and it's far more limited than you might expect due to SP limitations.

Even as a human, using Reaver only for Martial Lawbreaker/Combination Fighter, Desperado only for Nitrogen Drop, Matador for KNP and Retaliate, and Cobra primarily for FP from descending Uroboros, I found mysef using every last SP. Getting Gradient Blur and 3 ranks in each stance so you can change "freely" eats up 13/38 SP on it's own, and with most skills having 5 ranks, those last remaining 25 SP (23 if not human) do not last long at all.

I'm in full support of this, mainly since it really does make no sense to just suddenly forget your skills.
*loud burp*
I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand, it's a great way to help awful WIL characters out when it comes to their Skill Slots.

On the other hand, what's the point of the Skill Slots when you can just swap them in and out like no one's business, especially when it's only 0-1M for the swap to begin with? Just because you have a large skill pool, doesn't mean you can actually put all of it into practice at once.

It could happen, but it's likely to face some limitations. Either that, or support for a 'low power, high variety' Skill Pool can be made instead.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I was mulling over the possibility of making the cost dependent on the type of skill you're switching in. For example: 2M for offensive and utility skills (ex. MG Shells, Kensei attacks, Fortune Wind, most skills with red or blue borders in general), and 1M for skills that are just passive (ex. Pure Power, Voidveil). I'm not sure how much this would matter, but it's a thought that I'm pitching. Another possibility is having this consume mental stamina, which we don't have much (if anything) for yet, but I'm personally not fond of this solution, because stamina recovers so slowly, and it would still eventually result in being completely shut off from your skills.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]