Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Throwing Weapon issues
1) Backstab

Shuriken gains the Backstab Crit bonus at 1 range, but NOT bonus damage. (Either that or it ignores Flank's Damage Bonus when applying Backstab)

Sample Test: Sand Shark Shuriken equipped, Dagger Dance equipped, Maxed Flank and Maxed Backstab
- Takes 36 + 7 damage from the front
- Takes 46 + 9 damage from the side (+2 per rank of Flank. +10 total)
- Takes 46 + 9 damage from behind (+2 per rank of ????, ignoring +2 per rank of ????, +10 total instead of +20 total)

2) Dagger Dance

When dual-wielding Shuriken, Dagger Dance applies at Diagonals, much like how oracles used to benefit from diagonals and bows used to suffer from diagonals. I'm guessing that this isn't intentional.

3) Probably not a bug, buuuuut....

Also worth mentioning since Soldiers get a dagger skill now; Throwing Knives and Javelins do not benefit from Charge Bonuses, despite their primary types being melee weapons, due to their ability to strike at range. Is this intentional? I mean, it PROBABLY is considering how they interact with Forgeries and Betas, but it just seems REALLY weird that you couldn't use a Javelin as a normal spear at close range.
*loud burp*
The dagger dance at diagonals has been fixed. I don't think the other things are bugs. Backstab only applies if you're directly behind the target, while Flank will apply in a lot of different spots as long as you aren't 'facing' each other.