Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[QUE] Chivalry - Honor With Ranged
Is Chivalry's subtree, Honor, supposed to apply to ranged attacks? Shooting someone with a bow does not grant FP unless you are in melee range. I assume Smite is also not working, but it's far more difficult to tell with the hit penalty bows get at 1 range.

[Image: wwXklaG.png]
Welp, it sounds pretty intentional to give those extra benefits if they're attacking each other in the face, as in, two brave knights in a mano-a-mano duel with everything they have.

But hey, certified good question, now I'm curious to see if it is or not supposed to work beyond 1 square range though in front of the enemy, there are skills like Colouir who are ranged, or even some spears or swords with a bigger range.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It should be as far as I can tell. Test this out a bit more and see what's going on.
"Neus" Wrote:It should be as far as I can tell. Test this out a bit more and see what's going on.

Not a whole lot of additional information I can provide. I've shot creatures with bows, guns, tomes, all sorts of ranged weapons. With chivalry entirely maxed, the only position I can gain FP from striking from is directly in front of them, 1 tile away. Diagonals do not grant FP, facing straight at them from a greater range does not grant FP, and I have tested with identical results on multiple characters.

If it's not immediately clear why this isn't functioning, can we have a debug message to try and figure it out next update?
I was mistaken, it only applies in the tile directly in front of them.
"Neus" Wrote:I was mistaken, it only applies in the tile directly in front of them.

Alright, good to know. I can mark this as resolved, but, just to be certain -- are you saying it was a bug, and is now changed, or it was intended behavior from the start?
Intended.