Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Tools for Event Characters
All of the events I've seen that involved combat have either been just buffed NPCs fighting (which can be cool) or a single EC with high vitality/def/res and some sort of neigh 1-shot ability. I think that implementing more options for ECs will give event managers more choices in how they handle their work and make for a more enjoyable experience for the playerbase. Some of these would be passives that would only be given to ECs, such as:

- Perma-Immunity to Stun
- Perma-Immunity to Poison

Others would simply be unique offensive, defensive, etc skills that are too strong or unbalanced for any particular class but that are implemented anyway to potentially be given to a future class or used by an EC once.

Either way, I recognize that the majority of what an EC can accomplish is done through RP, which requires no work on Dev's part. In this topic, though, I'm focused on how to make the PvE/PvP side of events more interesting, and I think that more tools will lead to that.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
Being able to slap on immunity to any status (as in, creating a skill to grant immunity to one status) would be a start, too. Like being immune to 'removed from battle'.

Custom skills (that aren't just skills with jacked up ranks) are a pipe-dream, but I don't think it should be too hard to have status immunity and resists/absorbs/reflects beyond what the game currently provides.

Another thing that would be a huge benefit for when it does come down to mechanically duking it out, is to allow GMs to summon mobs into fights. Whether to reinforce a battle for whatever reason or to have an EC fighting alongside event monsters. As it stands, an EC can only fight by them self or with other PCs.
GMs being able to make custom mobs into PvP-capable mercenaries would be a great option, too.

Along with a way to grant those to players for various purposes - allied fighters for events, controllable NPC guards to assist in arrests, special things for GM-approved situations in general (such as giving zombies to a legit necromancer), etc.
I think Soapy has an excellent idea with that.
In addition, it'd be nice to make mobs toggable to be capturable or not for normal NPC mercenaries.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
I forgot to mention the most important part of this--- if GMs can't already, they should be able to create items for ECs to equip. Items created in this way would be untradeable and giving them to a character would be logged in some way, to reduce the possibility of potentially broken items being given to normal PCs to 0.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]