Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[QUE] KAAIIOOKEE- *bang* *girly screech!!* [Ki Awoken vs Null Shell bug?]
Null Shell works against Ki Awoken, which ends up being more beneficial for the enemy Monk than anything since you're prematurely ending the status for them if you are slower.

Is Null Shell's buff dispel supposed to work against it, even though that is 'not magic but Ki'? (This, coming from the supposition Null Shell is made to combat magic)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Bonus: Removes up to (Bonus Effect Power/2) beneficial status effects from the target." From what the description implies it seems it doesn't matter if it's magic or ki as long as its a beneficial status effect it's removed. I would say that it's working exactly how it's supposed to considering null shell already removes a ton of non magic effects for example one of them being wraithguard.
It doesn't remove Install, though. Possibly because Install is an active 'passive-type' skill, while Ki Awoken is an 'active-type', hinted by the circle's blue outline, compared to Install's green outline.

[Image: image.png]
It's why I think that was mostly an outlook.

But that might not be the case. Here's an example of another skill that Null Shell doesn't remove.

And it's not what I think it is, so Null Shell must have its exceptions. So possibly it only removes what grants stats? If that's so, then Ki Awoken shouldn't be touched, otherwise, then why doesn't it remove Install or Fast Offense? Both are 'buffs', in a sense. They're even colored blue in the minibar.

Added to this. Maybe a third type of 'buff' should be added? A 'brown', 'gray' or 'orange'-colored one, which is called 'neutral-type buff', just for the sake of clarity of what Null Shell can or not affect?
And I found where everything gone wrong. What I used to test was Spark Drive with a Multi-Shot gun. It was probably not reaching the Install or Fast Offense, and on the next turn attempt, I kept re-buffing with Proplaxys, so it pseudo-shielded my other beneficial status effects.

Case solved, I guess. :L Off to Balance-Fu.