Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demolisher Class Idea (probably Rogue promo.)
Demolisher: Those who enjoy bombs just a bit too much began to persue an art of their own of which developed into crafting and tossing numerous
different types of bombs, but they all still explode.

(The idea behind this class is a mixture of great skills, and a use for alchemy and planning what explosives to alchemize before going into
battle and the idea of the item belt being filled with stacks of different kinds of grenades, in exchange, most grenade types can only be used
once per fight. And all of the explosives used can hit the user, their allies and their foes, which adds a layer of strategy to it, but also
encourages interesting roleplay I'd feel.)

Passives:

Explosive jacket: The Demolisher has a reckless abandon with their explosives and yet has to take at least SOME caution. Grants 30% resistance to
damage from theirs and their allies' bombs and grenades.

Sitrep: A Demolishers best friend is explosives, and as such, they need to be as effective as possible. Increases damage of Bombs and Grenades by
adding their acid attack to their damage scalings.

Gunpowder: Grants a 1 rank bonus to alchemy when crafting bombs and unlocks the crafting of unique explosives for use in battle. (Grants access to crafting Grenades, Mines, Sticky Grenades Smoke Grenades Corrosive Grenades and Powder Kegs.

Grenades: Can be thrown to a certain number of tiles away and explode for heavy damage based on elemental attack and grenade type and will leave special tiles and effects based on Grenade type.

Mines: Can be planted nearby similar to archer traps and will show the detonation radius breifly before disguising themselves, when stepped on
they end movement prematurely like traps and deal damage based on current grenade type and elemental attack and will leave special tiles and
effects based on Grenade type.

Sticky Grenades: Can be tossed towards an enemy target and will stick to them, the enemy stuck will gain an option to toss the grenade towards a
different target and will have to win a dice roll where the success rate depends on the users skill and Luck. If Successful the user can decide
who they toss the sticky grenade towards, ally or foe. Upon the third round occuring after the grenade has stuck to a target it will explode in
an area, dealing damage according to current grenade type and the Demolishers elemental attack.

Smoke Grenades: Are tossed to a target location and deal no damage but instead create a large gas cloud similar to Spelltheif smoke-screen. This
will obscure the vision of all units attempting to see past the gas cloud and anyone inside the gas cloud has their hit lowered as if affected by
half the effects of Blind (-50 hit). The cloud lasts for 3 rounds.

Corrosive Grenades: Are tossed to a target location and will explode in a large area creating a corrosive gas cloud, this cloud will damage any
unit inside it once per round and once every two steps while inside it for acid damage equal to 10 + (Demolisher's Character Level / 2) that is
not affected by Sitrep. Units within this cloud will also have their weapons durability lowered by 2 for every damage tick they take and
opponents will suffer a temporary penalty of -3 phys defense and -3 magic defense per damage tick. This debuff lasts 3 rounds. Corrosive Grenades
last 4 rounds.

Powder Keg: Tosses the biggest explosive in the Demolishers arsenal, a timed explosive which can be detonated early by ally or enemy basic
attacks, skills and spells. The powder keg must sustain 3 hits before exploding unless struck by a seperate bomb, Grenade or fire damage. Upon
exploding, the powder keg will deal massive damage to all units within a large radius. The powder Keg will naturally explode in 5 rounds after
being planted based on current bomb type and will leave effects based on bomb type.) Planting the Powder Keg consumes 5M

Support:

Fire Bombs: Sets your current bomb type to fire, allowing all bombs and Grenades used by the Demolisher to deal fire damage that scales from
their Fire Attack. Certain skills will have a chance to inflict Burn with a LV dependant on rank and may leave cinder tiles. (3 ranks, rank 1 Lvl 5, Rank 2 Lv 10, Rank 3 LV 15.)

Ice Bombs: Sets your current bomb type to ice, allowing all bombs and Grenades used by the Demolisher to deal ice damage that scales from their
ice attack. Certain skills will have a chance to inflict Frostbite with a LV dependant on rank and may leave ice tiles. (3 ranks, Ranks 1 Lv 10, Rank 2 Lv 20, Rank 3 Lv 30.)

Lightning Bombs: Sets your current bomb type to Lightning, allowing all bombs and Grenades used by the Demolisher to deal Lightning damage that
scaled from their Lightning attack. Certain skills will have a chance to have their detonation radius increased based on rank. (3 ranks, Rank 1 radius 1, Rank 2 Radius 2, Rank 3 Radius 3.)

Offensive:

Bouncing Bomb:Lobs a bomb towards a target location which will impact the ground and explode once, dealing physical damage of your current bomb type to enemies in a 1 range circle around the impact zone if there is no target in that tile, before bouncing two additional tiles foward and
exploding again with the same force in the same radius. Warning: This skill can damage you and your allies alike. Has a 50% chance to activate
the equipped bomb type's effect.

Flashbang: Tosses a bomb that is not affected by current bomb type that deals light damage based on the Demolishers Light attack in a 4 tile
circle and all targets facing the explosion's center have a 70% chance to be inflicted with blind for 2 rounds. (4 round cooldown)

Timed Charge: Tosses a special timed explosive of which can be detonated by the Demolisher for 1M on their turn which upon detonating deals
damage to any unit struck by it while knocking them away from it for a number of tiles dependant on rank. (Rank 1 1 tile, rank 2 2 tiles, rank 3 3 tiles, rank 4 4 tiles rank 5 5 tiles.)

Pros:
+Fun to play
+Encourages Villainous Roleplay
+Effect area of effect damage without the need of a rare type of gun or spells.
+Powerful item based grenades with great utility.
+Encourages use of the alchemy system for creating items before battle.

Cons:
-Can be used to grief players
-Nowhere near as effective without battle items
-Requires some game knowledge to play effectively

All numbers are up for debate as this idea was something I thought would be really fun. I had started the idea a long time ago but I forgot about it from real life things taking precendence and found the saved entry I had for it so, I figured why not pitch it. As mentioned above, this'd be a Rogue promo since its main stats are intended to be Guile, Luck, Skill and Strength for the various elemental attacks while giving Lee-way to be built however players really see fit. It scaling from Guile goes well with Rogue as they use guile for basically their main stat besides skill/Luck.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
seems interesting, and like it could be fun, rogue promo's probably fitting. i like the idea, but some points i'd like to consider:

friendly fire , i don't know if that's such a good idea. in general it's a lot more unfun than it tends to be strategic, and there's a reason it basically doesn't exist in the game (outside of a specific debuff).

the specialty items would probably be used more by non-demos who equipped the class specifically to craft them, unless they don't have a 'use' action in which case you may as well just let the demos use generic 'bombs' as their ammo for demo skills. increased ability towards crafting them would save a lot of resources with the double crafts or however that works.

something that might be interesting in my opinion is changing their elemental bombs into a skill like magic gunner's ammo types, allowing them to combine (weaker than currently) elemental effects with their various bomb skills.

having enemies step directly onto mines might be a little difficult without a radius like traps, depending on their M cost, maybe the sticky bomb could be transferred with melee basic attacks instead of a seperate action? if it's not going to be detonated manually though, consider a shorter timer like two rounds.

on the subject of manual detonation, a tie-in with the rogue-base detonation skill is probably a possibility. allowing the powder keg to immediately detonate from enemy fire damage is pretty staggering though. especially being that it's a 5M move, i feel like that should be reserved for the demo's own attacks. enemies banding together to focus it down and detonate it on the demo seems interesting though?

4 rounds is a GOOD LONG WHILE for the acid clouds to stick around, and timed charge's knockback is extremely high considering that it's a ranged technique that can be used from just about any angle for 4M, especially if a white spirit is used in it.
To be honest, bombs are kind-of an Engineer thing already.
Engineer buffs when.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Snake" Wrote:Engineer buffs when.

[Image: 6ea22db2d3aff28ba2644c1b07b92584.jpg]
[Image: XDo90hy.png]
To josephs post, something I overlooked was that using the craftable explosives is mainclass only. The reason they have powerful effects is because they require you to craft them and accordingly plan when to use them in battle and track your ammo.
Friendly fire is because I planned for interesting synnergies with niche effects. Notice how only fire ice and lightning are present as elements. So like conversion glove effects. Circle ring, red letter.

Looking back, it does sound detrimental for fire to detonate powder keg immediately as that would Gimp it's use hard. So we can remove that part. Also in the case of multi-round guns it should probably be 3 attack instances. I also had intended the radius to be 5 base. And with lightning bombs if the demo was really willing to risk getting blown up too, 8 if it's effect triggers. Also part of the reason I added friendly fire, so you would THINK before immediatly slapping explosives all over with no consequence.

Clarity for mines is that they explode when enemies come into a certain range, detailed by the threat radius shown before fading.

For corrosive grenades I figure instead every 2 damage instances the effects should apply. It lasts long because I also wanted a class that can alter the feild to their advantage for crowd control, while still allowing outplay in case their own hazards are used against them. Like pulling shot through a corrosive cloud.

Sticky grenades being transfered by melée attacks sounds nice but not all players can melée, meaning adding a command for it that gives everyone a fair chance is best. It being 3 rounds also allows someone to push their luck and wait until the last round to try tossing it, or fun matches of hot potato. Granted mobs might not be easy to program to be smart enough to do this.

I also forgot to say bouncing bombs can only be tossed at the cardinal directions due to it's mechanic and have a minimum toss range dissallowing them from hitting the Demolisher themself.

Timed Charge looking back should have 3 knockback maximum. Though I intended it to also be a desperate way to forcibly reposition the demo if needed while also hitting enemies.

In total, the idea has potential but numbers tweaking is def needed.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water