Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluff Buff
More often than not, Invocations are met with silence instead of damage, due to the talent that prevents them from being broken with damage.

That said, I think that bluff could see far more use in tricking your opponent if the following were to occur:

When using Snatch Spell, the spellthief will draw in any spells and negate/take them, furthermore, if bluff is being used, the spellthief will negate any incoming silences, and gain immunity to silence for 2 rounds if they were to negate a silence.

Any thoughts? I would like to see Spellthief becoming more of a trickster class, its starting to get there, but Bluff could really use a touch up to make sure its worth it to actually bluff an invocation and not hard-cast it all the time.
I like the idea of actually tricking the enemy into trying to silence you, so you can null and get an immunity. Or maybe make whatever they used get on a forced 3 round cooldown?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I love mind games. I'm up for it- currently the only good uses I've found with Bluff myself are against Lantern Bearer Auras and Wretched Oil, pretty much. Sometimes Black Static, because these are one of the few AOEs that 'count as targetting.'

Other than that there doesn't seem to be much appeal for it, even in PVE.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
all 4 it, got my vote
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
I was disapointed a while ago about Bluff/spellsnatch basically being "Useless" since all that happens is 90% of the time that you are either Blackbubbled or silenced via absolute fear or something, and probably went over the top with the ideas to buff it, but I like this one and it's certainly enough to make it a fun and useable mind game.

So yes I like that.