Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grumpy Cat
For reasons unknown, Summoners cannot currently summon Kilkenny. Instead, they are given a blank ability with the icon for the Yokai, shown below:

[Image: mnVpwLQ.png]

This Bonder can summon Kilkenny with Ritual Sword, and then unsummon it, but cannot manually summon it. I tested with another Grand Summoner, and another player's Grand Summoner, and both experienced the same problem. I don't have much information I can give, other than moving the Yokai's position didn't help, and relogging didn't help either. Skills/spells that cheat the Yokai out, like Summon Storm, still allow the Yokai to be brought into existence.

I believe, but am unsure, that this issue was not happening earlier today. I'll need to wait for the server to reboot to see if there was something that explicitly caused this to happen, or if it's just perpetually off.
The characters in question can summon Kilkenny again after the reboot, and I haven't been able to reproduce this since.
This is probably an issue with the cache for youkai summon skills and can likely happen to any Youkai. I wish I knew the circumstances that cause it, but if you find it happens again, the day/time around when it happens would be helpful to know so I can look through the logs.
I can confirm that this is NOT new and comes and goes periodically. And not just with Kilkenny. About a year ago it happened withe seiryu and Wawa but I have no real lead on why beyond when the hotbar was bugged and certain skills in the hotbar bugged the game out.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water